Retro MMO player and companion with some praise and questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Justice Owen1, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

2. Justice Owen

Justice Owen Avatar

Major thanks to Mingo, Majoria, Mimner and some others for their assistance in-game so far. We've learned a lot that has helped us decide to now become members of the community.
    I will miss my Visitor title, it seemed very other worldly in a Cocoon *shout out to 1985 I miss you* kind of way.

We're still a bit fuzzy on decks. For the moment with the roles we are playing, we have just enough combat skills to fill up our hotbar and are not short of ability space (one way to make use of decks it seems as you can stack and let a binding/slot be shared by multiple glyphs).
    Also, glyphs seem to take quite a long time to get dealt into a slot, to the point where it is significantly affecting combat effectiveness.

Is anyone quite familiar with or comfortable explaining the stealth system? I see camouflage and vanish. Both require the player to be motionless. Does either work like an in combat disappearing act? Or is it non combat only?
    Are there any plans to provide subterfuge anything like that? I am thinking old RPG/EverQuest where the Rogue could 'hide' in combat which dropped them off the threat list and then reappear to attack.
    Also EQ had the sneak+hide system which was effective.

I know it seems somewhat rudimentary, though wasn't of the knowledge this game was at a point yet where they could do real time light and shadow aggro mechanics - given that the current aggro seems to be just a big wide radius with no respect to field of vision or line of sight.

Mingo Ebonmark and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.