1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Reveal Unplanted planter spots (Similar to CTRL+W that shows unwatered planter spots))

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Winfield, Jun 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

While planting seeds, if I miss a spot, I cannot easily see where I missed it. My seed count helps tell me I missed one somewhere. But when doing massive agro farms (town/castle) with about 800-2000 seeds and more when mass planting on many adjacent lots very quickly (8000 seeds), it is hard to find the missing seed spot.

Ctrl+W shows where I missed watering, or every planted seed needs its second watering right away, but I need to see the reverse... where in a planter bed/area are seeds NOT planted.

Thanks on behalf of us farmers!

Smegatron, Stealch, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How bout they just make the damn seedlings bigger ! They've been a pain-in-the-arse to see since day 1.

Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

I unbound the show unwatered plants nearby option as it's basically useless. What would be great is for the a small circle of water around the planted stem and then for the entire planting square to be wet when watered, this would make it initially very visibly obvious and the watered state could be seen at a glance even for plants with a large bush covering the soil.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The problem seems to center around the planter design of such farm planting lots, where the tightly packed together planter designs are the most likely to confuse the farmer of where they have planted. Also the amount of crafying exp the player is willing to put into the character itself is another factor.

Between these two lay another two real problems, "the planting circle and the planters themselves".

If the circle was not a circle, but more designed to hit the shape of out planters...

or

If the planters themselves had the ability to be fully watered if any part of the planter had been touched by the watering circle.

For me, this presents an opportunity for new "crafted planters" to be enabled with the ability described above o_O If the planters themselves had the ability to be fully watered if any part of the planter had been touched by the watering circle o_O ~Time Lord~

Stealch likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sorry, but regarding: "new crafted planters", hell, I don't want to craft all "new" planters. Given the ratio of peeps who plant in rectangular or square boxes - vs - peeps who circle their round pots, the vast majority of use would like our "circle" of planting/watering/harvesting to be changed to at least rectangular. Should have been that way since day 1 !
    It's always been - sorry - but just plain dumb that we water rectangle beds with a stupid circle !

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thank you for pointing all that out to me :):thumbs up:
    Personally I'd rather have our planters have the ability to be watered no matter if even one plant within the (lrg,med,small) planter were watered.
    But that's just me :DTL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.