Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Right Click in Cursor Mode Binds Click Event to Center of Screen

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. When in cursor mode, when I right click any objects, the click event only binds/reacts to the pixels in the exact center of my screen, and not the cursor.
    2. 100%
    3. No, not a blocker.
    4. I only play in cursor mode. When I right click anything, the click-menu only displays for whatever object is in the exact center of my screen. This can be difficult to target, so I just zoom into first-person perspective to make it a bit easier. Id like the right click event to bind to whatever the cursor is targeting.
    5. Use cursor mode, right click something (in your house, or somewhere where lots of objects have right click context menus - same problem with pets too).
    6. Ubuntu 14.04, nvidia geforce 1050 ti, intel i5, 16GB ram, ssd.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Thanks forwarded for review 29/1/2017 - I actually remember reading something about right click resetting to middle of screen somewhere, but I cant find it.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Black Tortoise likes this.
  4. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

Previously reported here. This is a temporary work-around for the more serious issue that was happening when the cursor was UN-hiding and swinging your camera around to the position where the cursor was last visible. See this thread for more details on what is going on. Still no ETA on a fix unfortunately.

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ok good to know, thanks for fixing up the bigger picture :). In the meantime my skill in targeting things Im trying to right click on is getting better and better. I agree this is better than the camera flying upwards out of no where lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.