Role-Playing Actions Module Prototype Complete at RPOTA.COM

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Elgarion, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Alrighty folks! The prototype for the RP Actions Module is live! Give it a whirl. :) If you just want to toy with it and create fake entries, indicate that they are fake within the entry and I'll delete them after you play around with it a bit.

http://www.rpota.com/#actions-in-new-britannia/

The purpose of RP Actions is to provide a quick easy way to indicate an RP nuance to the RP community. Currently, there are actions for whispering a rumor, issuing a bounty, declaring war, promising peace, claiming contested territory, making a simple announcement as well as 4 trade type RP actions. Expect more action types to come in the future AND further integration for Actions into the other RPOTA modules.

I've input 6 RP Action examples utilizing my character's and town's storyline. Elbyon and Kala-Sharee are not available for actual RP purposes until I get my additional character slots :p

Any comments, complaints or ideas are greatly appreciated ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Great job, Elgarion. I think this new module will prove very helpful and interesting, and I can't wait to see what great ideas get distributed that way. Thank you for all the opportunities you provide!

I tried it out with a little rumor of little to no impact, but you never know, perhaps there is someone who wants to join me for some fairy-spotting. :D

Johnwick, Stundorn and Elgarion like this.
  3. Elgarion

Thanks @Helvig Ingvildsdottir - a very good in-character action. Exciting to see the module already has its first action posted (an announcement) :) You really got my mind a spinning. We don't really have faekin in the game. I posted this to my silly "Wouldn't it be cool if..." thread :p

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ouldnt-it-be-cool-if.98425/page-5#post-871380

Johnwick likes this.
  4. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

Looks Great! I am definitely interested!

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Actually, Elgarion, I know of at least two fae roleplayers who are in a different section of the same guild I am currently a member of. One of them just told me that she is going to post her profile on RPOTA some time soon. Personally, I say: If you can pull it off so convincingly that my character believes that you are a fairy, an orc, an undead, a catperson, naga, drow, dwarf, vampire, whatever, then by all means, yes, your character is one. ;) I don't remember seeing an explicit rule that avatars must be human. Probably also a member of an at least somewhat intelligent humanoid race could be called to the aid of New Brittannia...

And with the wings and masks and such, it is easy in SotA to play a non-human race, I find. Was harder in UO, and still I played a drow for many years, without much graphic support other than a hair-change deed that turned the hair white. :D

Elgarion and Johnwick like this.
  6. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I am all Drow, Look like it and dress like it and when RPing use only spells he would have! :) Oh by the way i filled out my character stuff on the site under Ebon Viper. I look forward to some old school D&D type play!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  7. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

This looks excellent @Elgarion ! Am sure the Ealdorman of the Kahlinweard will be making good use of this resource before long ;)

Stundorn, Elgarion and 3devious like this.
  8. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

@Elgarion Have now posted there - very nice resource indeed !

Stundorn and Elgarion like this.
  9. Elgarion

Buggers... even notice sometimes the "Watch Thread" feature breaks and you don't receive notifications for some threads you're watching? Sorry for late replies guys -- glad I stumbled back across the thread when searching for Ebon's forum name (since he's this week's RPOTA.COM Outlander Creativity Spotlight winner! Announcement forthcoming).

That's excellent news, Helvig! I'm wondering if she's the fae who attended our RP session a few weeks back? I'm so utterly happy this game is getting a strong norse/viking RP presence. It's always been a topic of fascination for me, especially of late. If she has any problems with learning the site, tell her to give me a whisper or email ;). And a vampire? Ha! I hadn't though of vampires bring present in our world, but why not? Even if vampirism isn't a native disease in New Britannia, why couldn't someone bring such an affliction through the Rift, then spread it to other people? Or Lycanthropy for that matter?! And it would seem Ebon is also a drow -- superb! Ya know... I've yet to read the Drizzt books? I read a lot of Dragonlance, but I've so much still to enjoy in my future.

Many many thanks Gorthyn -- keep in mind, its still in prototype status. I'll flesh it out soon, and try to come up with unique interactions between the other modules and the RP Actions module as ideas come to me. I'm tied up with the Quests+ progress for design of late (a short break aside due to my move), but the RP Action for BOUNTY will likely get the most and initial love. I might even tie it directly into my Twitter feed... ;)

Ebon! So sorry I didn't notice your replies until now. Again, I didn't receive email notifications for all these replies. I'm glad we got to RP a slight bit the other day in Deep Ravenswood, and I certainly do apologize as I was more in hunting mode than RP mode. Hopefully we can pull you a bit more into the story -- before venturing into Ravenswood we definitely got a lot more RP done to explain why we were there. Looking forward to future encounters ;)

I see your posting for Ebon Viper as well as your posting for another character... not sure if that's a private/secret character/user association--be sure to tell me to hush up if that's the case.

Welcome to RPOTA! Great times are ahead of us all, me thinks -- SotA is very RP friendly, me thinks.

Olthadir and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.