1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Royal Lord Founder User Account for Sale - all items unclaimed

Discussion in 'Sell Items (WTS Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by mccpz, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

Hi everyone, I'll post my ebay link and description below to save re-writing a whole description all over again :) Sadly I've decided to sell my virtually untouched Royal Lord account I purchased in the first 2013 telethon. None of the items have been claimed and it hasn't been used since Release 1 which was wiped long, long ago. I'll answer any questions anyone has below. If I have anything wrong in my description about what the pledges are (some of my info is from what I remember 4 years ago) please don't hesitate to correct me.

Safe travels,

Tim

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shroud-o...113406?hash=item4b123691fe:g:pXYAAOSwax5YqpTZ

Description:
    You are bidding on an original, 'unused' year 2013 Royal Lord Founder pledge account (purchased during the initial Kickstater during the first all-night telethon).
    Aside from briefly playing in the very first Release 1 the account has remained untouched. Release 1 was years before the world become persistent so it didn't affect the account at all as it was all wiped. Absolutely none of the pledges have been claimed - nothing on the digital list, none of the housing, none of the physical items (you can update your physical shipping address on the account so you can get them when they ship). You can (and hope you would) change your display name and obviously change the email address and password (I have covered mine up for privacy/hacking prevention). So in brief as the account is untouched, all the housing, special items, etc are ready to claim, place and wear.

I purchased this pledge for $1,500 (USD) on the night and its impossible to get a Royal Founder pledge now so this is something truly special and rare in the game. You literally can't buy this from SoTA again.

To see the pledge benefits you get with this account (all unclaimed) see the Lord column: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VfscjLnuHUXtT_Xx93qa9Bc3w/edit#gid=1943167947

Please also see the two images - the Pledge Rewards image list shows Lord and all the incredible rewards you receive with this account - Founding Lord Home, Houseboats and Magical Orbs anyone? :)

You can see all the pledge rewards in granular detail here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pledge-reward-spreadsheet.2536/

One of the coolest rewards of this pledge is access to the dev team forums - you get to interact with them and help shape the game! (I've never participated but its there as part of this level)

Also please see the image screenshot from my account page to show this is a genuine auction. Please also see my 100% feedback and long ebay history, this is a serious auction.

Now why am I selling when I am a 25+ year Lord British Ultima fan? This is the frustrating part. When I pledged in 2013 the game was going to be ready fall 2014 which would have worked out fine. Throughout 2015 I checked in but didn't play. In 2016 my life got serious - kids, expenses x100 and no more spare time. This was also the year that SoTA came alive and became awesome, unfortunately I'm just not in a situation where I can enjoy it if I log in. I am sure I will regret this sale for decades to come but due to financial priorities with a young family I really don't have a choice.

Plus to be honest, I believe someone should have this account who can truly appreciate it and enjoy it as it was designed.

As for the particulars, its a digital item so as soon as the auction finishes and you have paid via PayPal I'll change the password to whatever you instruct and immediately hand over the account. I should think turn around will be 30 mins as soon as you have paid - there isn't much to do to hand it over as nothing has been placed in-game, its a completely virgin account in that respect.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. Bidding will kick off at US $200 to get things started :) Obviously postage is free because its a digital item...:)

Update: Thank you to the ebay user who pointed out I got confused between the Duke and Lord Tiers. I was always going to upgrade to a Duke at the time, and had my heart set on it but didn't have the spare extra $2k. So to confirm my account is a FOUNDING LORD account.

Happy Bidding & Good Luck!

Bom likes this.
  2. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

Some important extra notes (MUST READ):
    - I mentioned Houseboats and Magical Orbs because I was describing multiple rewards. To be clear there is only ONE houseboat and only ONE magical orb. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please cancel your bid if you were expecting multiple of these items.
    - My first bid is from a low/zero feedback user. Note I won't hand the account over until I confirm the funds are in my PayPal account and I can successfully withdraw them to my bank account. This is normally instant so the 30 minute handover still applies. I'm hoping a scammer doesn't buy the account and do a dispute/reversal on me 10 mins after I hand the account over.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Sorry to see you go but I understand how family plays a part. Good luck to you and may you bids go high.

4. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

Hi bpatrick,

Thank you for the kind words. I will be back one day with a basic account - hopefully when my son is old enough to play we can enjoy it together and I can steer him towards deep, immersive RPG games with wonderful stories instead of instant app gratification...but we'll see hehe :)

5. Nazeri

Nazeri Avatar

Whats the difference between a Lord and Lord Marshal? I don't see Lord Marshal on the original Kickstarter. Does this qualify as one or only as a Lord? They appear to get slightly different items.

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

The Lord Marshal pledge was added after the Kickstarter had finished and is the next tier up after Lord, you can see its perks on the SotA pledges page.

7. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

I guess one of the other differences is the Lord tier is a Royal Founder title which may be attractive to some people who want literally one of the first accounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.