Royal Sceptre x 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I know you won't change your view, don't blame you or anyone else who is using this as is, but the item description literally says "Help out a friend! Grants the player the ability to reduce the Tax of any lot deed by 50% for one month. Can only be used once per month." which is pretty clear to it's intended functionality. I mean you can still read it in the archived pledge page. So there would be zero hit for backers to adjust to, you would only get what was promised ... not much more like it is now.

EDIT: In 'don't lawyer me bro' fairness I will give you it doesn't specifically say one per lot. The fact you can get credit on a City and use it towards multiple Row's however isn't as intended.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Quite interesting you would say this, however, more recent then the telethon which you are probably referring to the summer telethon clear back in August of last year it was confirmed with a developer through PM, though this was not there original intention they have no intention of changing the way this works at this time..

I had concerns a couple months back when I heard of the double scepter use to get a tax free on a tax lot so I did the right thing and rather then attempt to get it nerfed because I didn't have one at the time, I PM'd a developer asking if this was legit or an exploit. I was told that it was not an exploit and was not originally intended but they had no intentions of changing the way it works. I agreed with the developer and and plan to use this feature as it is with no regret in doing so because I was informed from the man that is is indeed okay to do so.

Let's please move on from this topic and if you wish to buy a Royal Scepter I have one for sale in Owl's Head.

Now in regards to people supposedly claiming a deed, using 2 scepters, & releasing for gold this is not the place to be discussing such exploits and doing so is not wise. This should be done in a PM with the developers. However, don't nerf something because there is some exploit someone figured out and is abusing, rather fix the exploit and leave the feature of getting a tax free lot using 2 scepters...

Thanks!

stumps, majoria70, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

comments from a developer mean nothing, they do whatever they want.
    I have been told and even have direct emails saying one thing and the opposite has occurred on more than one occasion.

As for using on to get 0 tax was not something we could have done in the past and is not intended. not a bug but nit right.

As for those that place a City lot then pull it up to get tax credits this is clearly not inteneded use and performing those exact act is clearly and exploit of a mechanic to obtain benefits not intended.

But again they will not do anything because they have shown they do not really care about this kind of abuse.

4. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

That's fine, i'm not arguing that there may not be an exploit in there. The actual use of two scepters itself is not the exploit, it's a bug. They should not be getting the gold, they should only be getting the tax credit where they should not have to pay on that lot for the month. It's an exploit only because they are using a bug to there advantage, this should be dealt with like Portalarium does with any exploiter. We can't nerf the entire game just because someone finds a bug and exploits it now can we, if we did there would be no game left! We are here to test the game, find the bugs and get them fixed. Exploiters in the meantime can be dealt with by the Port. I'm going to point out a second time, this isn't really the place to be discussing this.

In regards to the OP, he is probably not sure whether to buy a second one as he was searching for one back last year for one. Who wants to buy a second one if you find out a week later it gets nerfed. Feedback or telethon might be a good place to ask.

This topic should be closed before someone goes on a witch hunt for exploiters in the general announcement section.
    @Berek

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The Royal Scepter can be used on any lot you don't own. By extension, it can be used on your own lots as it could be easy to create an alternative account if it was not possible. Also, see below as the rules mention "any" lot.

That's what it does currently as it pay 50% of the taxes when adding tax credit to your pool.

You will notice that there is nowhere mentioned a further limitation. Each scepter can only be used once per month SO someone with two scepters can use them once per month on the same lot and get 50% x2 = 100% on the lot taxes WITHOUT breaking any rule (or eventually 75%, depend on how it applies).

Some of us made pledges according to this, getting two accounts with two scepters. Some bought one (or more) scepter, like I did, to avoid huge taxes. Any case, the number of these objects is limited. So I don't see why that should change.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.