Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Save the game? PVP?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

*pulls out rose colored glasses remover spray* Can you tell me what you like about pvp right now? What do you think is a success in pvp?

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The EVL tourney had 3 tiers lest week. The amount of people who want to pvp is increasing. World pvp was just starting to get rolling when the economy got nerfed, and ended that. Many can not afford to lose a few times and buy back the gear, and full loots will only make that worse. Many are still grinding up levels. Please try and remember the game just got wiped, many are not at the point they want to be at to pvp yet.

3. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

I apologize if I was unclear. I was not addressing the PvP aspect of the game, as I do not engage in PvP. The game itself seems to be developing well to me. PvP obviously needs to be addressed, as the numerous threads like this one attest. I'm responding to the alarmist nature of the OP which seems to suggest that the game will fail without full-loot non-consensual PvP. Utter tosh.
    PvP is only one of many things that are unfinished and that players are eager to see worked on, but it is the one people seem to panic about most often.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Ahh, thank you for the clarification :) :)

5. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Just a reminder, that the EVL Virtue League Tournament is the premier PvP weekly event in Shroud of the Avatar. And yes, last week the guild hosted enough PvP fighters that there were 3 tiers. If you want to PvP in a arena setting while fans cheer you on and bet on fights,this is the place to be.

You can find the ranks for this season and information here http://evlguild.com/virtue-league/

DancingShade, Mac2 and Time Lord like this.
  6. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

My reponse is no

7. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Meaningful PvP can still occur. If it is meaningful to you :)

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

pvp is the point of it all, and you went through a long winded post about how it does not need to be in the game. Thats why I posted the phrase from the kickstarter. It is intended in this game. Pvp is intended in this game. Yes its supposed to be meaningful but its still pvp. PvP! It is and will be in this game. Its what many pledged for and many have left because of. Don't make more leave......

9. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Speaking of that. We are getting a Buccaneer's Denish town soon.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    DancingShade and Time Lord like this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Then I can still continue to ask for drastic changes to the game which will bring the story-driven basically soloplayer RPG with a single-player narrative and the option to play online as well as choices with real consequences that were all announced during the Kickstarter and for which many pledged :)

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I agree frederic glasgow, I missed last week, had to visit my grandmother. I love betting, just cant really afford it right now.

Frederick Glasgow and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

We do still need all that single player stuff we were promised...
    [​IMG]

Sir Cabirus and DancingShade like this.
  13. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

UO players have played UO for years... someone for decades... All of you with "1 word: NO" are just kids (to me) , 1 suggestion for you... jump to the next mmorpg :)

i played 1 game on my life: UO

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Here's Looking at you Kid~
    [​IMG]
    ~Our SOTA's Going Places~;)!'
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

DancingShade likes this.
  15. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

In my long winded post I never said PvPing doesn't belong in the game and acknowledged that it is a playing style other people enjoy. I simply stated that it doesn't need to be imposed on everyone to make a successful game. And there were other thoughts regarding things other than PvPing. It's not the ban PvP post I think you believe it to be.

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

ahh, thanks for the clarification. I guess what I read out of it was that you talked about how the game should stand on its own without pvp like the ultima single player games, and that pvp should just exist in that framework and nothing more added to it. You suggest that it should not need any help. Well I could agree with that but when they put limitations on it to start with then they have to counter then wit some kind of bonus, or tools to work with.

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

oh I agree with you. :) I want to see that also. I have advocated for this in the past.

18. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I was playing games before Ultima and when it came out I played every one in the series and completed them all, many players here have done the same,so I doubt that most of us are kids,nor should be kids in your mind. We understand games, and more games than just UO, so many believe the game doesn't need saving at all and although PvP is a aspect of the game,it is not why the larger portion of the player base is here playing. But you have the right to believe and state what you think, as we all do.

And might I add, you telling everyone who disagreed with you by using one word "no" to jump to the next mmorpg, does not show a level of respect for those who disagree with your stance on PvP,the game or what needs to change. Everyone has a right to their answer,even if you don't like it,nor agree with it. Please learn to show some tolerance for everyone,especially those who respond who you do not agree with.

19. Xail

Xail Avatar

No offense...nothing personal...but the larger player base of a non existing player base does mean nothing...or probably that you should go on the opposite direction...

20. Gix

Gix Avatar

There are 4 kinds of PvPers:
    1. the casual duelist (will occasionally accept duels and will participate in team objectives if they have nothing else to do).
    2. the hunter (will occasionally enjoy being prey if that means he's got a challenge but he's really there to force others into submission).
    3. the passionate (will participate in all form of PvP, but he's really in it for team-based skirmishes. Fair or not, the bigger the teams, the better).
    4. the professional (even teams, fair terrain, bans the use of particular items and abilities that are deemed cheap).
    Open, Free Loot PvP only satisfied a single one of these types of PvPers. I beg anyone who's in a PvP related discussion to not claim that all of them want the same single thing.

Funny coming from the guy who claims that this completely new game will die because it's not exactly what he wants from it.

1 suggestion for you... jump to the next mmorpg.

That explains a LOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.