Scaling Trees - Apple , Lemon trees so on

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Elrond, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

For @Bzus

Now that we have the tech for scaling agriculture products ..i hope we can move further then just pumpkins and implement this tech for plantable trees like apple tree or lemon trees with different sizes and maybe with a chance of getting a really rare tree not just with different scale but also different look .

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That would be fantastic to get more scaling things. One thing missing from most of our crafting and harvesting is not seeing enough surprises imo. Like harvesting cotton true we do get a beetle carapace sometimes but what if we get occasionally something else that is surprising in harvesting too I think that would be a great addition. Getting a larger plant sometimes is such a great beginning to adding details of interest to mundane actions we do. I remember enjoying this in other crafting I've done in games like occasionally you'll get two or 3 items instead of the usual one and crafting mastery could effect that occurrence.

In the livestream they said they are starting with pumpkins due to the holiday (and since Chris is planning to do a pumpkin with Maxine in RL) ;) and as we go forward we will get it added to more plants.

Elrond and Jaesun like this.
  3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Love the idea!

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Why just trees? E.g. I guess even our tamed pets could scale and have different sizes either complete out of randomness the pets are sometimes a little bit smaller or taller or else out of their stats e.g. if a pet is getting because of your skills 120% of its normally health it is getting a little bit taller/looks different, if the pet has 150% health it is again a little bit taller/looks different,…
    Even our weapons could scale. E.g. if it’s mainly bonus is dexterity it is a little bit smaller than a normal weapon, if it’s mainly bonus is strength it is a little bit larger than a normal weapon.

Indeed e.g. to get seeds while harvesting cotton in a random encounter would be reasonable but maybe you could even find a muffler someone has lost you could keep for yourself or a quest starts to search the owner…alike skinning a dead wolf and you might find something it has eaten e.g. a ring still on a finger and you could just take the ring and throw the finger away or start a quest to find the owner…chopping a tree and you might find a hidden message in a tree hole…mining some ore could grant some fossils…

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Wearable Item drops, like rings, clothing etc has already started to be implemented with the new fishing system. Borers from trees and beetles from cotton a while back, worms from clay with fishing.

The systems are there and are being actively rolled out. It's a small step to other items including items linked to other systems like quests and treasure hunting. It's coming.

The problem with harvesting or gathering a ring or note or anything linked to a quest is its highly unlikely to be before episode 2 as the quest system is broken and adding more data to this database is a very bad idea. Treasure hunting is I believe in episode 2 as is a quest system overhaul, so I guess we have our timescales; during 2019, which is fine by me. Game is fun now, exciting to think what's coming next year

Gaelis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.