Second Annual Team Fishing Contest

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Phamyns, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

WINNERS!!
    Main Contest Winners:
    Engel & Nubby Eerwiggles (11000 Crowns & 2 Prosperity Tools)
    Main Contest Runner Up: Coswald Dirthmire & Ava Thorne (2 Properity Tools)

KingsPort: Coswald Dirthmire w/ 3.74 Small Tiger Shark
    Stormsong Vale: Serenia Mellorian w/ 2.47 Alligator Gar
    Rock Ridge: Engel w/ 4.92 Tiger Shark
    Falling Waters Fortress: Flair Minamoto w/ 2.26 King Salmon & 1.98 Goliath Catfish
    Island of Wonders: Johnkirk Bayard w/ 4.11 Tiger Shark
    Novia Market: Cthrek'Goru Tazar w/ 3.74 Marlin
    Crossroad: Strider Green w/ 2.57 Large King Salmon
    Crossroad Alleys: Coswald Dirthmire w/ 3.19 Sailfish
    Crossroad Estates: Lijuan Zhang w/ 2.69 Sturgeon
    Crossroad Landing: Cthrek'Goru Tazar w/ 2.48 Bluefin Tuna
    Outlander Welcome Center: Dougan Redhammer w/ 4.49 Tiger Shark

If you are looking for Contest Leader Board (Spreadsheet) Find it Here!

All are welcome to compete for the town prizes, If you wish to compete for the main prize, you must buy in for that by Aug 31 at Noon Central!

Contest Fish can be dropped off in Stormsong Vale, Inside the chests are bags with your name on it. Inside that bag is a bag for NEW fish. If you do not see your name there, please let myself or Flair Minamoto know and we can assist you.

Drop off Location for fish is my town lot next to the Dock.

* For the purpose of this contest all new lava fish will be considered regular size as the large and small tags are not in game. If this is fixed before end of contest will update *

We are at it again this year, Second Annual Team Fishing Contest!

Town Owners: If you would like to enter your town into this years contest, the Buy in is 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian.

NPC Towns: Players that would like to Sponsor a NPC town, buy in is 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian.

Fishermen: This year there will be a 500 Crowns of the Obsidian buy in to enter the contest, So each team will need to submit 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian.

All Buy in Fees must be sent in to myself @Phamyns in by Aug 27, these Fees will be placed into a chest located on a lot in Stormsong Vale. All Fees are going to be used for the Prizes in the Contest, Town Fees will be for that towns prize, Player Fees will be pooled for the Grand Prize.

If Towns would like to increase the prize amount above and beyond the initial 1,000 CotO entry they may do so, please have these additional prizes sent in to myself @Phamyns by Aug 26.

We are in the process of planning a 2 person team fishing contest to run from Friday Aug 28 at Noon CT till Friday Sept 04 at Noon CT. Please let us know once you have your team and who your partner is. DM @Phamyns or Send me in game mail with Team Names.

The contest rules:

Location: All zones with fishing, all types of fish, including lava.

Fish drop off: Stormsong Vale

In Game Start Time : October 6, 599
    In Game End Time : April 5, 600

Rules: Contestants can submit their largest fish of each and every type from any zone during the contest period. The total combined length of all fishes submitted will be added in a trackable online spreadsheet to determine to the winners. Bonus prizes will be given out for collecting each fish of all categories as well as some other special prizes. Only one of each type of fish will be accepted per team, and yes a Large is classified differently from a Small. Each Team Member must submit a fish to qualify for the over all Grand Prize.

Town Prizes are default 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian. Town prizes will be determined by " Largest Fish " caught in that town. Towns may set water type to what ever they prefer.

All Prizes will be on display for viewing in Stormsong Vale.

Players please submit only the largest of each type of fish, You may drop off your fish as often as you wish, we will sort and send back the fish that no longer qualify. On the same lot as the Prizes will be drop off boxes placed in Alphabetical order for all your fish. Inside each box will be a bag with your name on it, this is were your fish will live for the duration of the contest. Inside this bag with your name will be one more bag called " New Fish " when you drop off your new entries please place them inside this " New Fish " bag.

Last years event had an amazing 10 towns and 44 teams entered in to the contest, submitting over 1800 fish to be counted, lets break this record together.

Towns & Prizes: Prizes will be updated as people submit.

Grand Prize : Crowns of the Obsidian ( Based on how many Entries ) - 2 POT Row Lot Deeds ( Sponsored by Catnip Games ) - 4 Prosperity Tool Bags (Will be awarded to 4 top Fishers)( Donated by Cthrek'Goru Tazar )

Stormsong Vale (PoT Fetid): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Rock Ridge (PoT Salt): 2,000 Crowns of the Obsidian, 1 Million in game gold

Falling Waters Fishing Dungeon (Use Town Teleporter) (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian for Largest Fetid Fish - 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian for the Largest Fresh Water Fish

Islands of Wonders (PoT Salt): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Novia Market (PoT Salt): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Kings Port (NPC Salt): 4,000 Crowns of the Obsidian, All 8 Cabalist Hoods

Crossroad (PoT Fresh): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroad Alleys (PoT Salt): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroads Estates (PoT Fetid): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroads Landing (PoT Salt): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Outlander Welcome Center (PoT Salt): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Greeting and well Met Phamyns - Please add Rock Ridge to the sponsor list...I will send the required entry fee for the event...I do plan to enhance the prizes for Rock Ridge but I will need to get back to you on how that will work...Many thanks to you and all the anglers that will be taking part in this years event...Good Luck to everyone who participates... It was great fun last year...This year promises to be even more fun...

FrostII, Sonja, Engel and 3 others like this.
  3. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm in and will want to enter my dungeon as a fishing location. I will get you the required fees and also any other prizes that we might add. i loved this contest last year even though my internet was on the fritz. This year will be better!! Look forward to it and will have a map made to the location of my dungeon closer to time.

FrostII, Sonja, Engel and 3 others like this.
  4. Sole

Sole Avatar

Please add Islands of Wonders to sponsors list, Ill send entry fee for you today.

I will probably add some special IoW prices to IoW pool later.

- Sole

FrostII, Sonja, Engel and 2 others like this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Awesome, I'll start putting this in updates as we roll into August -- many thanks for putting on the event, Phamyns :)

FrostII, Net, Engel and 1 other person like this.
  6. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

my dungeon is now on the teleporter list from any town sign. name is Flairs Fishing Community. Takes you to the lot where the dungeon is. It has the fishing statues outside the entrance.

7. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

If anyone is still looking for a partner, please post here, so other might be able to find you easier

Elgarion and Ravenscar like this.
  8. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

All set, I drafted Strider_Green for this one. I bet he pulls up half the fish we turn in this year!! He is going to do Fresh and Salt water and I am going to do Lava and Fetid...Goal is to get one of everything! Good Luck everyone!!

Sonja and Ravenscar like this.
  9. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Rock Ridge Spin off fishing event for the week starting September 28, 2020

Welcome to the 2020 SOTA Team Fishing event. Thanks @Phamyns, @Elgarion and all the Player Owned Town Governors who are sponsoring this year’s event! Also, I want to send out a big thanks to everyone fishing this year. See the main event page for details on the overall Team Fishing Event!

Rock Ridge is located in the new lands – we have several fast travel options, check for boat access in Crafters Town, Central Brittney, Crossroads, Noreach, Stormsong Vale and Serenite.

We in Rock Ridge want to welcome you to our little town. Be sure to turn in your largest fish caught in Rock Ridge Each day during the team event for a chance to win Crowns.

The event starts Friday August 28, 2020 at Noon CST and ends September 4th at Noon CST.

Turn in your largest Rock Ridge fish each day! The largest catch caught in Rock Ridge each day* will win 500 crowns!! (Turn in boxes are at the end of the docks in front of the devotionals)

Sorry only one winner per day.

*Real world day, starting Friday at noon, until Friday at midnight, then all Saturday, all Sunday, all Monday, all Tuesday, all Wednesday, all Thursday and until Noon on Friday Sept. 4th

Good Luck and Have fun as you fish!!

Dougan Redhammer

Sonja, FrostII, Sole and 2 others like this.
  10. Charon

Charon Avatar

@Redhammer What water type are you setting in Rock Ridge?

FrostII, Ravenscar and Redhammer like this.
  11. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Rock Ridge will be set for Salt Water!

FrostII, Ravenscar and Charon like this.
  12. Charon

Charon Avatar

@Phamyns Actually knowing which of the participating POT's plan to have which water type would be a handy thing to know.

Given the option of fishing at a random town vs one that's participating in the Contest is an easy decision.

Serenia, FrostII, Ravenscar and 2 others like this.
  13. SkyWalker5976

SkyWalker5976 Avatar

I am looking for a fishing partner for this contest (Stimplin OReilly) in game

Ravenscar and Phamyns like this.
  14. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

Done added to town list -= Town Name (PoT Water Type) =-

15. Past Blue Ribbon

Past Blue Ribbon Avatar

Do you have a partner Yet? If not i will be your fishing partner I'am Jugg Head.

Ravenscar likes this.
  16. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Is there a sheet up to track the fish yet? Never mind its at the beginning of this post. DOH! Thanks!

Phamyns likes this.
  17. SkyWalker5976

SkyWalker5976 Avatar

Jugg Head,
    I don't have a partner yet, I checked with Phamyns to be sure we could still enter and he said it would be alright. Let me know if you have to coto's either here or in game.

18. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

19. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

@Tazar I think I am related to that fisherman! A distant ancestor perhaps!

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, you might want to re-think that, Winfield.... :eek:

[​IMG]

Sonja, Winfield and Past Blue Ribbon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.