Second Annual Team Fishing Contest

Discussion in 'One-Time Events' started by Phamyns, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

We are at it again this year, Second Annual Team Fishing Contest!

Town Owners: If you would like to enter your town into this years contest, the Buy in is 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian.

NPC Towns: Players that would like to Sponsor a NPC town, buy in is 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian.

Fishermen: This year there will be a 500 Crowns of the Obsidian buy in to enter the contest, So each team will need to submit 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian.

All Buy in Fees must be sent in to myself @Phamyns in by Aug 21, these Fees will be placed into a chest located on a lot in Stormsong Vale. All Fees are going to be used for the Prizes in the Contest, Town Fees will be for that towns prize, Player Fees will be pooled for the Grand Prize.

If Towns would like to increase the prize amount above and beyond the initial 1,000 CotO entry they may do so, please have these additional prizes sent in to myself @Phamyns by Aug 21.

We are in the process of planning a 2 person team fishing contest to run from Friday Aug 28 at Noon CT till Friday Sept 04 at Noon CT. Please let us know once you have your team and who your partner is. DM @Phamyns or Send me in game mail with Team Names.

The contest rules:

Location: All zones with fishing, all types of fish, including lava.

Fish drop off: Stormsong Vale

In Game Start Time :
    In Game End Time :

Rules: Contestants can submit their largest fish of each and every type from any zone during the contest period. The total combined length of all fishes submitted will be added in a trackable online spreadsheet to determine to the winners. Bonus prizes will be given out for collecting each fish of all categories as well as some other special prizes. Only one of each type of fish will be accepted per team, and yes a Large is classified differently from a Small. Each Team Member must submit a fish to qualify for the over all Grand Prize.

Town Prizes are default 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian. Town prizes will be determined by " Largest Fish " caught in that town. Towns may set water type to what ever they prefer.

All Prizes will be on display for viewing in Stormsong Vale.

Players please submit only the largest of each type of fish, Submitting Multiples of the same fish will only slow down the counting process. On the same lot as the Prizes will be drop off boxes placed in Alphabetical order for all your fish. Inside each box will be a bag with your name on it, this is were your fish will live for the duration of the contest. Inside this bag with your name will be one more bag called " New Fish " when you drop off your new entries please place them inside this " New Fish " bag. (Will include map as we get closer to contest)

Last years event had an amazing 10 towns and 44 teams entered in to the contest, submitting over 1800 fish to be counted, lets break this record together.

Towns & Prizes: Prizes will be updated as people submit.

Grand Prize : Crowns of the Obsidian ( Based on how many Entries ) - 2 POT Row Lot Deeds ( Sponsored by Catnip Games ) - 4 Prosperity Tool Bags (Will be awarded to 4 top Fishers)( Donated by Cthrek'Goru Tazar )

Stormsong Vale (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Rock Ridge (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Falling Waters Fishing Dungeon (Map to come) (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Islands of Wonders (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Novia Market (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Kings Port (NPC): 4,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroad (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroad Alleys (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroads Estates (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Crossroads Landing (PoT): 1,000 Crowns of the Obsidian

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    FrostII, Net, Sonja and 8 others like this.
  2. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Greeting and well Met Phamyns - Please add Rock Ridge to the sponsor list...I will send the required entry fee for the event...I do plan to enhance the prizes for Rock Ridge but I will need to get back to you on how that will work...Many thanks to you and all the anglers that will be taking part in this years event...Good Luck to everyone who participates... It was great fun last year...This year promises to be even more fun...

FrostII, Sonja, Engel and 3 others like this.
  3. Flair

Flair Avatar

I'm in and will want to enter my dungeon as a fishing location. I will get you the required fees and also any other prizes that we might add. i loved this contest last year even though my internet was on the fritz. This year will be better!! Look forward to it and will have a map made to the location of my dungeon closer to time.

FrostII, Sonja, Engel and 3 others like this.
  4. Sole

Sole Avatar

Please add Islands of Wonders to sponsors list, Ill send entry fee for you today.

I will probably add some special IoW prices to IoW pool later.

- Sole

FrostII, Sonja, Engel and 2 others like this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Awesome, I'll start putting this in updates as we roll into August -- many thanks for putting on the event, Phamyns :)

FrostII, Net, Engel and 1 other person like this.
  6. Flair

Flair Avatar

my dungeon is now on the teleporter list from any town sign. name is Flairs Fishing Community. Takes you to the lot where the dungeon is. It has the fishing statues outside the entrance.

FrostII and Phamyns like this.