1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Secret Trigger Buttons

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Dartan Obscuro, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I'd like to set up the classic bookshelf secret passage in my house where someone can push a button on a bookshelf causing it to rotate to open.

As a generic concept, I propose buttons than when placed on a deco object cause the item it is on to move or rotate (depending on the type of button). For example, I put my book case in front of a door I want to hide. I put a "button (rotate 90 degrees pivot back right)" on the shelf. When the button is activated the shelf rotates. Other button types could include ones that shift the object its width to the right or left.

Even better if we can use patterns on the buttons. That way I could make this one look like a book.

[​IMG]

Manerd, Fister Magee, Rowell and 6 others like this.
  2. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

This is an Awesome idea!

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  3. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

A special bookshelf that does this might be necessary, but this would be awesome.

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

[​IMG] There is one in Central Brittany in an NPC house

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Anpu, redfish, Trinity and 2 others like this.
  5. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I'm hoping for something generic so that it can be used on things like walls, blocks, cabinets, stacks of casks, etc. If it only can be used on a limited set of objects then everyone will know those are the secret ones.

Ostvel likes this.
  6. Toular

Toular Avatar

Something like a pattern you can apply to an object - a book or a test tube stand, for example. When that pattern is applied, it becomes a controller for the deco on which it is placed.

Manerd likes this.
  7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Whaaat, we have a secret passage with a lever since all that time and not in dungeon yet! OUTRAGEOUS! :p We want secret passage!

Anpu, Ostvel, Trinity and 1 other person like this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Sheesh, next we will be wanting doors to put behind all the secret stuff, and passageways to our dungeons. This makes too much sense, it might be fun and we can't have that for gosh sakes. Seriously... great suggestion.

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think we need a lot of different things like this... So, like even a pool in a dungeon room that drains with a certain lever, and where there's a stairwell at the bottom of the pool.

Then, if its possible to be more complex about it, instead of just a lever -- or single object patterned to trigger the event -- being able to set up a series of triggers that affect each other, so we can construct puzzles.

devilcult likes this.
  10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If you get your lever, please ask for a bomb which explodes if someone activates the lever without the proper permissions.

11. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I think it would be better to just have a list of items that have the secret button in them.

In the game world the hidden door bookshelf always has the same book as the secret button on the bookshelf. (A passage within). On the other side there is always either a hidden stone or a switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.