1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Problem is that seedinvest is asking for a RTN with 9 numbers when european IBAN can be 14-34 numbers long. That said, we didn't try the offline wire transfer. We were unsure that this could be a solution and we were afraid of fees. If I'm correct sending money to an other country with our bank is charged 38,50 € minimum when receiving is charged 28,55. Opening an international account could have been a good alternate solution but there are fees nonetheless and our bank don't do that. We would have to change and that's not really easy in our situation. I'm all for supporting Portalarium but the conditions for investing are not good enough for us.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Numa and Time Lord like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

By the sounds of it, even if I had been up for dropping more cash into this game I would have probably not bothered given how much hassle SeedInvest appears to be. You would have thought international transactions would have been bottomed out before even starting the SeedInvest campaign.

Time Lord and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

To be fair, the hassle has two reasons. Non of them are at Ports end.
    The first is that our US friends don't play the game of international payment very well. Payments into the US are a pain in the backside if they have to be done by wire transfer.
    The second is that Seedinvest doesn't accept other payment methodes than wire transfer. I am sure there will be rasons for that but...*shrugs* i can't come up with one beside the classic: "money laundring".

5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

The third reason is that while the US has a legal framework for private individuals buying shares like this, not all countries do. Some of you (canadians in particular) are being "protected" out of being able to do this.

6. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

Ok then my question is do you think they have the funds to do that?

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I personally think you're beating a dead horse discussion - and I don't think this type of posting is creating any value besides fueling individual agendas and pointless discussions.

Everybody can check their CF statement and burn rate and either come to the conclusion that they can - or as I believe you did state in several other posts - that they cannot.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

You did not answer the question. Do you think they have the funds to do that?

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  9. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

As I said everybody who is interested in investing has to make up his own mind. I am not giving investment advice. Early in the process I posted my understanding of the financial statements published on the Seedinvestor page.
    That post was deleted as many others as no financial details of the offer are to be discussed here.
    The whole argument is pointless as we a) cannot discuss financial details here and b) interpretations might differ.
    Therefore I do not see any benefit in posting such posts in this threat.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  10. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

I will take that as a no lol....

3devious and Time Lord like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

$362,043 with 14 days left to reach $500,000...
    :rolleyes: Not bad for a weekend's return aye? :D~TL~

https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b
    Another $137,957 left to go o_O...

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  13. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Some have canceled their investments .......

Ice Queen and Cordelayne like this.
  14. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Not all of us are as hotheaded as I am. I do want to see the project succeed. I also want Portalarium to stop shooting itself in the foot. If they can manage that I'll feel inclined to help them again.

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I still plan to double my investment.

16. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I rescinded my entire investment. Lies are lies. Promises are promises. A man's word is his bond. Sorry does not excuse performance. But what I do know I am ......

Ice Queen and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Am I missing something here o_O?'
    We still need $ to advertise the game and we as players still get the perks that come with it which are little different than what our first Kickstarter was pledging to us for our $...
    I see this as more of a different type of Add-On Store Bundle than an actual investment. It's nothing I'm basing a 401K on, but the perks seem ok for those who truly wish to continue in the spirit of it's Kickstarter.

To me this is no different than our Telethons and Kickstarter campaigns have been and is something needed with a chance at some future values in a more close partnership with the company that has thus far created our entire amazing world on a shoe-sting budget when compared to the gaming industry standard practices of game development. EA & Origins sure hasn't offered me any continuing stock in their company when buying any of their games :p

$500,000 is a large sum of money, yet donated money is what we began this quest with, the quest to have a player funded & player inspired game to have been created. We haven't reached the Star Citizen level bucks$, yet we've got what could be said to be more game than they currently do, yet on a small percentage of $ when compared to Star Citizen.

This campaign will not make or break our game at all, yet will have a direct impact on how many people will get to know of our game, which means more players to visit and fund our game through our Add-On Store, which means even more funding opportunity for our game's further development :eek: which so far looks awesome :confused::D

So Seriously, am I missing something here o_O?'
    We've got game, so lets let the world know about it because EA & Origins sure aren't going to advertise it for us, but they may want to buy us :D!'~Time Lord~

18. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

19. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

you know what TL, the believers will reap the rewards

I have likely done more research into this offering than most of the people on this site. I cannot guarantee anything, but I am employed in risk management for a bank with over 200k employees. And I am comfortable throwing what I can into Portalarium. This is probably the best opportunity that many of us will ever have. Yes, I understand the frustration of those that have too many empty POTS, too many high level accounts, those frustrated with pvp, pve, pvbs. But this is an opportunity. Sure it's a risk. But I believe in the team and project and I am here for the duration and beyond. I intend to increase my holding 900% before the offering ends. And I don't give a crap about the doubters.

Disclaimer: Don't Lawyer Me Bro

20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

With the open developpement of Shroud of the Avatar, sure, Portalarium made promises. But people built expectations over those promises.

Some were thinking that SotA would be focused on the offline single player experience and the coop while the game was advertised as a multiplayer game. Some other were thinking that the final wipe would stop the balancing effort on skills and combat while it was clearly stated that it would not stop.

On the other hands, there are people who ask constantly Portalarium to break their promises (with a new wipe, for exemple).

All those people have the right to act as they do. It's a matter of freedom. And Portalarium has probably made some mistakes during the past years. But people shouldn't pretend to be right over all the people who still support the project or oppose their view. They should try to be a bit more objective and say "I think" instead of "I know the truth". Because, maybe, they could get surprised at the end of the day.

For my part, I think that this game will be a success for a lot of reasons. That's why I'm still thinking about investing. That's also why, if I had more money, I would not hesitate at all.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.