Seeking Info On Player Killing

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Khumash-Gor, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

Banalitybane, Membrane is just a forum PK/troll. If you feed him, you only make him stronger.

2. Eoghan

Eoghan Avatar

LoL! I agree 100% with Owain. Look at insanemembrane's posts he is obviously a troll. What person sets fire to their own interests with all of the worst possible complaints of the opposing point of view?

Anyway, In the developer blog about single/multiplay etc the Dude (sorry can't remember his name) refers atleast once to setting a pvp flag.

3. banalitybane

banalitybane Avatar

I had a feeling he was, though I must say I'm surprised he ended things the way he did. It was rather more civilised than I anticipated.

4. triphex

triphex Avatar

If you can have it, gather it, farm it, loot it, but you can never lose it, you take it for granted. Having a PK system with full loot makes you appreciate what you have.

5. Twiztid

Twiztid Avatar

Quote: Triphex
    "If you can have it, gather it, farm it, loot it, but you can never lose it, you take it for granted. Having a PK system with full loot makes you appreciate what you have."

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE MAN!!!

Ohhh how I will miss the Dread Lord days of Ultima Online...

*sheds a tear*

6. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

Hell ya Triphex. Well said. And there inlies the reason why so many crave pure open pvp with no limits.

Btw that pk troll just makes me want pvp more. I lived off hunting guys like him down.

7. Vaultarn

Vaultarn Avatar

If there is PKing how will those characters that PK be handled? It appears we can choose the level of depth we want in as far as how multiplayer the game is. Is there the possibility of PK?ers being set as fully open, do some PKing then change their multiplayer setting to friends only? Thereby stopping any kind of retribution towards them after their crime?

I'm not totally against PK'ing. I have never been a PK'er, the idea of having the possibility ok PK'ing in game certainly would add a certain amount of tension and excitement if handled well.

8. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

@banalitybane, I was not raised in a barn, so yes I can be somewhat civilized :)

As Owain has said many times, we must make our voices heard. This is my voice on PKing, this is not me trollolololing.

9. Owain

Owain Avatar

I don't object to you voicing your opinion, Membrane, but when you break on on a conversation about how fast lack of food or water will kill you and say, "But I will will you fastest of all", or something to that effect, that is trolling, to which the best response is "zzzzzzzzz".

10. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

The funny thing here is that when the talk is about PK's and people give wolves and sheep examples, they always talk about playing crafters.

I can not remember that in UO for example all PK's were always only targeting and preying on the weak crafters. Plenty of times 1 PK attacked me and a group while fighting in a dungeon for example... So we were all warriors/mages etc.

I myself had a PK char too, yes of course I killed a few crafters here and there, but that was not my main prey and neither of other people I know. A lot of the fun was fighting a group of people and not just killing a few poor blacksmiths...

So I think people who enjoy this play style should be able to play like this, and people who do not should be able to play without fear of PKs...

And the latter is already possible for sure, but what is not sure if it will be possible for us other guys that enjoy the dangers to play like we want.

So honestly, people who do not want pvp or pk, or full loot have nothing to fear. It's more the other way around atm... Will we get our special little setting that allows us to play with other like-minded people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.