Serious Lag

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by sweets1186, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweets1186

sweets1186 Avatar

I just installed this game. I notice that right at the beginning it's got some serious lag. It takes seconds for me to adjust my camera with the right click. I adjusted the graphics so they're lower but it's still lagging. It's not my internet or my computer and even on offline mode it's still super laggy. How do I fix this?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

G'day Sweet's,
    Welcome.
    I would recommend in your video settings to set 'Shadow Distance' to None, and move the 'Level of Detail' slider towards the left until you find you sweet spot.

FrostII likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome @sweets1186 . Sorry you are having problems with lag. This game needs a little more computer power than many out there. We have lots of things to load especially with housing which players go crazy with deco well me included. Good luck and if I can ever help I am Majoria in the game.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I remember when I first started playing last year, the lag was so bad that I literally could not double click things. The game got a lot better after I left the starter areas.

I later returned to the starter area and had no performance problems at all.

Perhaps you're having similar bad voodoo.

6. sweets1186

sweets1186 Avatar

Thanks guys. I do meet the minimum requirements. Hopefully it will go away once I leave the starter area. I will move the shadow distance to none and keep downgrading the level of detail. Thanks

Anpu likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

one more thing to do is check the output of

/bug

which makes a draft bug report, puts it on your clipboard, and opens the bug forum so you can just make a post and paste the info in. it might be useful to see if the hardware you have is what the game sees rather than, for instance, trying to run through a dinky onboard gpu when you have a seperate card that's better.

majoria70, Anpu and Jason_M like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.