Seven Pointed Star

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

All good... but that is a six-pointed star, cube, or penticle. Seven (or more often, nine) is seen as an inversion of six, so is used for Deceit and Falsehood.

KuBaTRiZeS and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~New Britannia, New Ways? or...~
    I find it interesting that we have 7, but I'm hoping it too has an astrological alignment, or attachment to what we will be finding within our stars...
    "Perhaps even a new virtue yet to be realized" :) Because all symbols come from something...
    ... or are just all made up with no real meaning whatsoever... :p

~But then there is the "Monad"~
    [​IMG]

#9 shown here in the below...:oops:
    [​IMG]

~The Monad~
    In it's original Greek etymology, the term "monad" was applied to the basic invisible unit, and it was adopted into astrological occult terminology with a similar meaning, through with a special application to the realm of the "spirit", rather than matter. The "human monad" is in modern occultism that indestructible element within each individual human, which continues through the cycles of reincarnation.

[​IMG]

~Monas Hieroglyphica~
    A name given by John Dee to a sigil sometimes called the Monad. The sigil itself (as in the above) is deceptively simple consisting basically of the standard sigil for Mercury inserted into the open sigil for Aries. The importance of the sigil lies not so much in it's form as in the erudite and deeply esoteric argument used by Dee to explain it's structural significance in his book "The Monas Hieroglyphica of 1564". Never adequately translated from the Latin, the text is a repository of esoteric innuendoes which makes it one of the more remarkable occultist productions of that century, and certainly the most important attempt to construct around a single sigil a theory of graphic symbolisms linked with the esoteric and astrological tradition.
    John Dee was the scientific advisor and astrologer of Queen Elizabeth the 1st...

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    KuBaTRiZeS, Acred and Razimus like this.
  3. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I doubt it's relevant, but...
    Only 7 of the 'Ultima' virtues are actually derived from the principles (truth, love, courage).
    Humility exists independently and is often considered the foundation, without which virtue too easily becomes vice.
    And from what I've heard it's unlikely the Obsidians were particularly humble.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Virtue Map~

----------------------------------------------- Honor -----------------------------------------------

Honesty ------------------------------ Compassion --------------------------------- Valor

-------------------- Justice --------------------------------------- Sacrifice ------------------

Truth --------------------------------------- Love ------------------------------------ Courage

------------------------------------------- Spirituality --------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------- Humility ---------------------------------------------

<-------------------------------------------- Infinity --------------------------------------------->

---------------------------------------------- Order ------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------- Singularity --------------------------------------------

Controle ------------------------------- Passion --------------------------------- Diligence

------------------- Balance ------------------------------------ Achievment ---------------------

Direction ------------------------------- Feeling ----------------------------- Persistance

------------------------------------------- Precision -----------------------------------------------

:rolleyes: Something like that is what I use...
    To me, it's a geometric form of a whole... Could be said to be 2 dimensional... but includes the gargoyles...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

KuBaTRiZeS and Razimus like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Funny you should mention Crowley....

Razimus likes this.
  6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Ah forgive me, I wrote this post when I was half-asleep.

[​IMG]

When you're an ascended master like Neo you have heightened awareness when you're eyes are Eyes Wide Shut, half open. But, us mortals do not enjoy such illumination. I forgot about the Obsidian Eye, and my guild is named Obsidian Eye! lol.

Hmm, good point. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Crowley fan amongst the crew. Darkstarr? Heh. Too obvious, but, who knows. So George R.R. Martin might be a secret Crowley fan.

Either way there could be some lore in there, we'll just have to see. Thanks for the replies.

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think you're right! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.