Shadow's Rest - A POT for New Players

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Rosemourne, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

***Shadow's Rest was transferred to another player***

HOWEVER, This does not mean my services have ended. Now players may choose a town, with permission of that town's owner, to live in. My services will change how they're provided, but are still being provided. Please be patient and look for updates. No players lost their homes in this move.

While moving some lots, I found not every item had tenant permissions. I now have items I don't own in my bank, which I don't like. I am storing them for now. Come claim your crap if you're reading this!

Shadow's Rest
    A community POT for new players

Welcome to Shadow's Rest, a metropolis POT located West of Brittany. I created this town with the intention of offering refuge to as many new players as possible, without concern towards the amount of money in their wallet or time they can devote to ensure their house does not get taken away. To achieve this goal, I am actively collecting POT Tax-Free Row Deeds to claim lots placed in the town and offering out co-ownership free of charge, meaning that players will have their own homes to decorate and call their own until they are able to afford more spacious, or better located homes.

Shadow's Rest features overworld access with an Oracle to assist with daily income and public crafting stations. Presently we have expert crafting stations for all professions and a public garden for our residents to use. Additionally, banking and vendors are close by for your needs.

Located in just west of Brittany, along the shores of Lake Equitas. The location is seconds away from Hidden Vale, a great place for leveling and grinding and Owl's Head. It is next door to New Brittania Market, Central Brittany, and Brittany Alleys for shopping.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All players are welcome to settle in Shadow's Rest. However, I only have a limited number of Tax-Free spots to offer to players. In order to request one of these spots, simply send me a PM detailing why you would like a house, your goals in Shroud of the Avatar, and finally include a cute picture of a kitten to pay the one-time obligatory application cat tax. (I use this to verify you've read the post, and it lets me have a cute collection below!)

I will choose from applicants and invite you to choose your location in the town. If you wish to settle somewhere other than is currently placed, I will do my best to accommodate your request. Also, if I do not have any tax free locations available, but want to live in the town, you're more than welcome to claim one as well; No lots are reserved.

Amenities:
    • Full compliment of expert crafting stations
    • Vendors a very short distance from the crafting lot
    • Banking around the corner!
    • Public gardens with greenhouses and well
    • Tax-Free Vendors are available for residents to utilize
    • Maximum strength, 10-hour duration devotional buffs for health and focus regeneration, agriculture, and carpentry proficiency.
    List of tax-free lot benefits

• Well, first and foremost: It's tax-free. You will never owe me, or the game, a single coin.
    • If I have a row house available, I will place it for you. I will try to stock a wide selection of 2-story row houses for residents to choose from (See availability section). Occasionally I may have a larger home for residents that will decorate and utilize the space.
    • The house is yours to place whatever decorations you want, so please do!

Fine Print
    AH HA! I KNEW there was a catch!

So here is the fine print of what being a resident in Shadow's Rest and residing in one of the tax-free lots will entail:

• I will retain ownership of the deed and the lot. I will label you as a co-owner and you will have control over the house. The only thing you will not be able to do is change the house, itself. However, if you have a specific house I will place it for you.
    • I will monitor activity of the home via the decoration log. This log records whenever an item is placed, moved, picked up, or when items are placed and removed from a chest.
    1. After 45 days of inactivity tenants will be labeled as inactive and their home will be offered to the next in line, if applicable. If the player has any non-tenant items, they will be collected into a chest and placed in the crafting hall's basement. There it will sit for all eternity, waiting in solitude, for it's wayward owner to reclaim the items. PM me on the forums or whisper me in game. You may then reapply to have a tax-free location if I have any available.
    2. I WILL NOT TAKE YOUR STUFF OR SELL IT. Period, I won't. I don't need to, and I treasure my good name too much. (Heck, because stealing from bandits and people who try to murder you is bad, I'm like the only person in game with a positive truth score any more). I request that all residents utilize the Tenant system. This completely removes all risk of your items being taken.
    • Lastly, as new templates come out, I may desire to change the template of the POT. If this happens, I will provide at least a month of warning. I will allow players to collect their items and, if anyone does not do so, I will take said above actions, but will maintain the lot open for them for them when the POT template is changed.
    Closing remarks

I hope to add more to the POT to make it more community friendly, but it will take time. I'm funding the completely by myself and it has only begun it's operational phase. As I get more funds and more deeds, I will flesh things out. Please be patient.

In-Game name for contact: Aidenolm Rosemourne

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Availability
    So. Whacha got available?
    Currently there are 20 of 30 inn rooms and 0 of 8 Tax-Free Lots available.

Available row home deeds can be viewed in the crafting hall and requested for tenants.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    aarondenbo, Time Lord, Vyrin and 3 others like this.
  3. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Cat Tax
    Literally, this is just all of the pictures collected as a cat tax from players. Enjoy!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

What a fantastic town and a great idea! I love the town layout and love the idea of the oracle right outside of the row lots!

Also, anyone who hasn't yet visited Skrekk definitely should as it is A beautiful city.

Great work @Rosemourne and best of luck growing your town but I'm thinking you won't have much trouble :D.

Sara

Time Lord, Kara Brae, Solazur and 4 others like this.
  5. Tegner

Tegner Avatar

I'm new to SOTA and applied for this deal. I just wanted to say thanks for the place Rosemourne! I think it is fantastic and hope it developes the way you invision

Time Lord, Numa and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. DonBilbo1111

DonBilbo1111 Avatar

Hi,

as written in PM, me and a friend looking for a home were we would be able to bring our stuff together to craft more efficently. We also already have the one or other thing wich would find a good place in a house.
    We apply the conditions. [​IMG]

Time Lord and Numa like this.
  7. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Got my hands on a lot more row deeds and homes. Just need people to start living in them now! Also, I'm offering 4 story homes now instead of 2 story homes!

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Nice! How many tax-free lots you at now there???

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

11 row homes, with 4 residents currently. Always welcoming more!

10. Jarek Aumarr

Jarek Aumarr Avatar

Hi What's the area around the town like? Easy zones for hunting/foraging?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

this is the surrounding area of the town...

[​IMG]

it's also very near Verdantis Mines for mining Copper... the Naryad Pinelands and even Verdantis Shardfall...

Time Lord, Numa, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  12. Ealdwulf

Ealdwulf Avatar

Hello,

Sent a PM as requested. As for the tax...

[​IMG]

Time Lord and Sara Dreygon like this.
  13. cerumano

cerumano Avatar

Hello,

I'm a returner, and would like to be a proud co-owner of a house in your city. My intentions are to be a more effective player of SotA. and i'd like to have the design of an elven house, please.

Thank you, very much!

Cerumano

14. cerumano

cerumano Avatar

ok... just noticed it is necessary to send a "...cute picture of a kitten..."...

Here we go![​IMG]

15. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Happy to get you set up! What's your in-game name?

16. cerumano

cerumano Avatar

Sorry, its the same as the forum`s name... Cerumano

Thank you

17. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

It's not finding you. Got a last name?

aarondenbo and Time Lord like this.
  18. cerumano

cerumano Avatar

Last name is Wiltiger, sorry... I have accepted your request.

Cerumano Wildtiger

19. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

4 devotionals have been added to the town. These are max power and 10 hour durations.

20. vernes

vernes Avatar

Fibnar Aerthen walked your lands and is unable to find a lot.
    Clearly I am missing a clue here.
    Also, I play on Amsterdam timezone, something tells me not many play on my timezone (evenings)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.