Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Should player houses be instances?

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Your instanced idea won't prevent your lighthouse issue though.

Anyway.....hate the idea of instanced housing.

2. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Ok.. even if you rule out immersion because both have negative effects on it.

You sitll have all the other reasons people have posted against instanced housing.

It is simply something that is not going to be welcome here because many people are actually here for the non instanced housing.

You are surely fighting a losing battle.

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I am not fighting a battle at all. It was just a question as the housing we have now is not perfect as it has an impact on graphics, performance, immersion and freedom to decorate your house.

I would never demand housing to be instanced. As I said it was just a question I asked and which came to my mind as I thought about the mentioned "problems".

Sebastion likes this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

Instanced housing creates boring worlds. I hate the fact that basements requires a map load but technically they haven't found a way around that (yet). We already have enough problems with map loads *cough*instanced scenes*cough*, we don't need 100 more while walking around inside a town. I'd really hate to see them go this route.

Being able to see into a house or outside of it is a wonderful thing. Even Skyrim couldn't do that without mods.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL why spend so much time worrying about what the other player is doing, is that what is fun? well no. The way the houses are set up in this game of course is different than how it was set up in Ultima, but also in Ultima people were free to be themselves. We do not need a HOA here and diversity in the end will create interesting. If people can see past their RL thinking on housing and let the people in game have their own fun and creativity regarding THEIR house then we could have something special going on. Well just a thought, I do so not like to be dictated to and limited in regards to ability to create in this game. So and I do understand latency issues if you have them. Hopefully it can be worked out without changing the idea of housing. So I just got reminded of archeage, imagine the zillions of pixles from planting gardens and putting down a zillion animals in that game, well they do have a Cryengine 3 also;)

Jatvardur and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. danigr

danigr Avatar

My problem with houses is that as a newbie I have no clue how to differentiate a NPC house from a player house. Maybe Npc houses should have a different color, door or signs on them? If everything else fails, a fricking arrow on the compass would help.

7. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Instanced Housing would be a major deal breaker IMO. It is the one of the major things that sets the game apart from others. In other words....horrible not so good idea. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.