1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud 2020 Vision

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I have been mentioning this for a long time.... The archers are ugly, there is not much choice in creating one, hair style are ugly... I can go on and on and on. It is a huge turn off for me....

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I suggest you read the context of my post before quoting me. Devilcult made a statement that all MMOs that have global auction houses are dead. I was pointing out that was categorically false.

3. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Shroud of the Fire Mage 2020 !

4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

ESO sorta has one. They are doing fine AFAIK.

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Fresh avatar look with new hair and emotes would be wonderful! Still hoping for that beautiful long princess hair that flows in the wind, I know that would be a miracle to make it work right now. Also some Lagertha-esque viking hair. Maybe face and body tattoos? Some scars, nose piercings, necklaces, arm braces, and makeup? :D

6. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I'm in this conversation a little late, but in SWG there was one rifle that all the newbies processed through. It was the uber rifle for a particular level and was over powered for that level. ALL of them got bought up for weeks and resold at much higher prices, cornering the market.

In today's SotA market, it's like that for recipes. New crafters are out of the game, because there are too many people selling recipies for 5000 to 10000 gp each and they land as drops. We paid 250 gp from NPC vendors! I'm not crazy about the idea of a centralized, medieval database for selling things, I think it would be impossible to use without spending a lot of time on the UI, but I would like to see ALL recipes reintroduced to NPC vendors.

Numa, Vladamir Begemot and Mishikal like this.
  7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Its because we have not got the vendor search. My guildmate selling most recipes for 2000(incl bronze bone and etc), with 3 years inflation, and how much easier obtain igg now its almost same.

8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Most of those recipes are not the ones you paid 250g for unless you got them in the first months after persistence. And at least a year ago the price of yellow supply bag recipes crashed once all the old players who cared got them all. There are a few new ones, but most of them sit on vendors for a long time. How often do you think ones you see for 5000 or 10000 sell? Those are the rare or more in-demand ones at a high price, for the few people who still need them and don't want to wait, on the vendors of people who strive to have as complete of a selection as possible. Each recipe probably sells one every few weeks, since you only ever need them once, and the player base isn't growing very fast.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have a chest full of recepies to go on my vendor at reasonable prices as soon as a global search is implemented.

Wilfred likes this.
  11. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

Good ! :)

Astirian and Paladin Michael like this.
  12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Exactly. It doesn't have to be complicated at all.

Fees? Why? It's regressive and will affect smaller sellers much more than larger ones. A real-world application of that practice would be Regressive Tax. Basically favoring the wealthier of the population.

Please don't.

And so does everyone else. If we list prices on the global search, everyone will undercut you.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Paladin Michael likes this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

5k+ for a yellow bag? That's nuts!

I usually sell them 1400-1600 each. They don't stay on my vendor for more than a couple days tops :D

14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

And this is a good example:
    We don't even need a global search to find out;)
    Visit 20 vendors in 4 ("Vendor")towns - and you know what an item should cost ...

15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Not the bag, the recipe, as in buyer's choice of.

16. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

This is NOT correct. many here have been arguing for seeing the prices if for nothing else than to see if we are getting ripped off and to be able to do an accurate price comparison with others selling the same product BEFORE we travel all the way to purchase it. At this point it is NOT realistically possible to do an accurate pricing comparison in real time which is needed to stop the shady among us from extorting players out of their hard earned gold. So no, you are incorrect, I need BOTH the search AND the pricing along with a few other things.

17. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

and the consumer will benefit. Lets do it. We need to put the focus on the consumer more then the seller. right now we only seem to be focused on seller even if the sellers are hosing the buyers because the buyers don't have any other options. that is wrong and backwards.

18. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

No. All you know is what those 20 vendors are selling them for. There may well be vendors outside those 20 offering them at better prices but we never know because of no global search and so those 20 {because they have prime locations and we don't have time to check ALL the vendors) are hosing the consumers out of their hard earned gold.

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Chill dude. Calling people shady extortionists is just going to start a flame war.

If you don't want it don't buy it.

Elwyn and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Having shady people is part of the sandbox to me. Which brings me back to EvE. Lots and lots of shady sellers and buyers there ^^
    Don't get me wrong though, I am all for a search and listing function that is at least town wide, but maximum region wide. Not world wide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.