Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings, Issue #2!

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Elgarion, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

That's right folks! The Kickstarter for the next issue of the Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings comic has just launched! It's such a fantastic time to be a SotA fan in this immersive world with such a wondrous community. Never before have I seen so many great game community projects as with my time here in SotA, and I hope each of you takes the time to enjoy the artwork of Indi Martin (@Indi2) and the writing of, yours truly, Elgarion.

The comic is basically already done, so why Kickstarter? Well? This is a great way to not only purchase the comic, both digital and print versions, but also to get cool swag like pins and patches AND to acquire advertising space in the fully published version for your guild, your town or your Shroud of the Avatar project! So head on over to Kickstarter and check out just what is offered for each pledge level!

And keep in mind, supporters earning content/ad space in the comic are entered to win contest with a variety of AMAZING prizes for the best submitted content! Check out this thread on the contest!

Again, thanks to all the love and support we've received thus far! We love you guys, and we very much hope you enjoy our hard work! (Indi's mostly :p)

ALSO: You can currently obtain Issue #0 and Issue #1 from @rild at RelicsbyRild.com!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. rild

rild Avatar

Issues #0 & #1 will be on sale for $4.99 during the Kickstarter, for anyone who needs to catch up!
    https://relicsbyrild.com/collections/comic-issues

If anyone has questions about the project or about Content Space - please feel free to email me directly at sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com
    You can also respond to this post, or send me a DM.

We are very excited to see the content you create, and get this issue into your hands!

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

well well any possibility to get the other #0 and #1 as pdf or printcopy with the kickstarter package (as AddOn) ?

the sale is print only and shipping will cost me another 10 bucks to europe so one package with the kickstarter would be appreciated

Indi2 and Elgarion like this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

and funded :D

Indi2, Elgarion and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  5. Elgarion

If @rild doesn't notice your question (it was also asked on the Kickstarter page), shoot him an email at: sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com -- this is a very good question for our esteemed publisher ;)

Indi2 likes this.
  6. rild

rild Avatar

Rentier - I definitely think we can accommodate you. I want to be sure I am not violating Kickstarter's rules on rewards (they say they must be produced as part of the project) before adding them to the page. I have asked for clarification from their support team.

If we are unable to do so according to their terms, I will happily include them in your package (no additional shipping fee), but you may need to send the $10 separately via PayPal.

I'll get back to you with an answer ASAP. Thank you for your support :)

7. OrionSnake

OrionSnake Avatar

Hi rild, I would like to know this as well. I am in the same situation as Rentier. Much appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  8. rild

rild Avatar

Rentier & OrionSnake - thanks again for your question, this was a great idea!

Just received an okay from Kickstarter this morning about offering the previous issues.
    Graphics being updated as we speak, and a campaign update shortly.

• Issues #0 & #1 are now available as add-ons for $5 each. No additional shipping charge.
    • Additional copies of the new issue are $10. No additional shipping charge.
    • Also, ALL pledge tiers now include Digital Downloads of all three issues
    We are also adding stretch goals for 60 and 80 backers - these will trigger a giveaway to all backers at $19 and higher

9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Got my order in! Can't wait.

Elgarion, Rentier and rild like this.
  10. rild

rild Avatar

Sean Silverfoot I saw it, and thank you!! This issue is truly beautiful, you'll love it :D

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sent you a note on Discord concerning ads.

Elgarion and rild like this.
  12. Elgarion

FYI folks, looks like @rild added digital copies to the mix for issues #0 and #1! Most excellent! Thanks Rild. :)

13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

upped my pledge with 10$ for addons #0 and #1 :D
    thanks for that @rild

Elgarion, rild and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  14. OrionSnake

OrionSnake Avatar

Backed!

Sean Silverfoot, Elgarion and rild like this.
  15. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

This project excites me greatly! I'm grinning wide.

Shout out to @Elgarion @rild and @Indi2 !!!

Regarding
    where's the best place to brainstorm and receive community feedback on art/copy?

16. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Beautifully made stuff

17. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings, I am in for #01, #02, and #03 as well as alternate kickstarter cover. Not sure I can wait for the physical copies, may have to read the PDF first.

Sean Silverfoot, rild and Elgarion like this.
  18. Elgarion

Thanks so much all of you for backing and the kind words! :) You're awesome!

Grimace, I believe @Indi2, @rild, and myself are brewing up an advertisement contest too, to promote creativity in the ads, to make them entertaining to the readers. Hold on tight for that announcement. Also in regards to reviewing the ads, @rild or @Indi2 might have more insight on that. I'm not too involved on the publishing side of things. I'm learning a lot about publishing a comic, though. Hehehe. And I know I said you could do things like advertising guilds and towns, etc... but imagine, advertising your dungeon that you'll be creating soon with the new dungeon creation system. Pretty cool, eh?

19. rild

rild Avatar

Just posted an update - We hit $2000 (w00t!), which means Indi will be designing an enamel collector's pin based on the comic.

We also revealed a new stretch goal related to this. If we can hit 80 backers, then EVERYONE who's getting a physical copy of the comic will receive this enamel pin free of charge. Before that, if we hit 60 backers (13 more as of now) everyone at $19 and above gets a 4 x 6 print of both comic covers.

Grimace2 thanks for asking! You could post your ideas here if you want, or we could start another thread. There are so many talented folks in our community, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding help. I myself am happy to help in any capacity. This whole Content Space thing is a bit of an experiment, so it's critical to me that we do it right, and that means supporting all our backers in their creation of content. As far as review / approval, send anything you want my feedback on to sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com. You do not need to wait for the campaign to end before designing your content.

And while we're talking about it, remember these aren't limited to advertisements. You could publish a character journal or short story, a piece of art, a puzzle, start players on a geocaching adventure, or introduce them to a quest you've created, to name just a few ideas. Your content could include several of these things all in one! Elgarion has been telling me about the module @Umuri made for player-created quests (exciting!). As Rick said, we're working on some promotions to encourage our backers to make their content as interactive as possible. We really want this to be an augmentation to the game.

@Sir_Hemlock & @Warrior B'Patrick - thanks for your kind words and your generous support! It means a lot.

20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Another order from Germany just placed :)

Shopping cart
    Product image
    Description Quantity Price
    [​IMG]
    1 Issue #1 > New Beginnings > Shroud of the Avatarâ„¢ Comic Book 1 $ 4.99
    [​IMG]
    1 Issue #0 > New Beginnings > Shroud of the Avatarâ„¢ Comic Book 1 $ 4.99

Description Price
    Subtotal
    $ 9.98
    Shipping $ 9.99
    Total USD $ 19.97