Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sieges and encounters forced Muliplayer??

Discussion in 'Release 59 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I see nothing in the patch notes stating they changed how encounters behave.

Barugon likes this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There isn't even enough population for that. Personally, I just kill the siege engineers and leave. There are going to be some nasty encounters where some newbs go into sieges and insta-die from the cabalists roaming those sieges.

3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

so?

4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

[​IMG]
    12:25pm
    Release 59 Patch Notes: October 30, 2018
    Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues - Portalarium

October 30, 2018

Build Number 857 11:00AM

Updates
    • Added trophy recipes for all active fishing trophies to all players.
    • Fishing Trophy decorations added.
    • Fixed bad stairs collision on Haunted Ship on Penmawr Island.
    • Flechier Formal Jacket no longer causes female upper chest to be invisible.
    • Siege and encounter scenes are now always open-multiplayer.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, they're open multi-player when you're in them. That says nothing about their behavior on the map. Again, does not answer the question.

6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

sorry I lost interest and forgot what your question was have a good one.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You too. But in case someone else reads the thread. Since encounters *disappear* when someone enters them from the map, what is the actual point of making them multiplayer since other players can't join them? Or did they change the mechanics of encounters as well, so that they no longer disappear, and just failed to document the change?

Kain Darkmoor and Aldo like this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Actually, Fallout 76 does not appear to have any SPO or FPO mode that filters out other players, at least in the Beta I'm playing. There's a single online mode with many dedicated servers. You don't pick the server, it's automatically chosen for you. Much like scene instancing in SotA. You can play by yourself or group up with others but you have no ability to filter out others from your game world. You will see them running around.

Also, regarding encounters -- I tried it earlier and it still said Private mode...at least in the couple I tried. Perhaps the change hasn't made it in yet or this was a patch note error.

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

@Alley Oop and I tried getting into one of these encounters when we weren't in a party, and the mechanism is the same. She entered the encounter and then the stag vanished for me. I had no way to get into the "open world", so it seems to me that encounters are now "party only" scenes, and there's not much open about them. I don't care for the change.

Mishikal and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Maybe all are just tired by endless respawning of bosses, sieges, encounters? And this is first step, if yes its very good news for Sota.
    P.S. Also due balance issues devs can make loot drop from MP only siege - much better then they can in the case of SPO siege. This is also good for new casual players.

Dhanas likes this.
  11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

So, you cant go into somones encounter unless youre in party with them anyways, unless you teleport to them. The only thing that making encounters open only changes at all is you cant clear it/tame it then swap to spo to get more without having to find another one.

There’s no reason i can think of for sieges, other than to reduce the ammount of wood generated from folksdoing each siege twice

Dhanas, Tila Tenderfoot and Mishikal like this.
  12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

They should really rethink the whole siege thing anyway and make them more meaningful but less, well, everywhere.

13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The article is an interesting read. It looks like the long term goal goes far beyond SPO even. The plan is to allow people to run private servers as well. Given how well Bethesda in the past has allowed their games to be MOD'd, I imagine that means people will (if they want) get to run specialized Fallout 76 servers with various mod packs.

14. smack

smack Avatar

Even SotA has mentioned private servers as a long-term end-game type goal after all Episodes are complete. This was mentioned during the KS. It would be great to see SotA head down that direction at some point, but as with Fallout 76, it likely won't happen for a very long time.

15. golruul

golruul Avatar

I'm not necessarily opposed to multiplayer-only sieges, but what happens to loot? Is it still last-shot wins?

If so, then I'm completely against multiplayer-only sieges. This should have been solved before forcing sieges (and any other scene that has boss loot) to be multiplayer-only.

Senash Kasigal and Mishikal like this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have never seen anyone else in those when just going in there out of sheer curiosity (in Open mode).

Also, since there’s TONS of these sieges all over the place, even if they are forced open mode, there won’t be anybody in there.

17. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Would it be correct to say that the wording in patch notes (siege ... always open-multiplayer)
    is wrong?

The intent being to prevent folks from switching between 2 modes to get more wood/loot?

Seems like a fine change to me.

EMPstrike likes this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I agree i was never a fan of the mode switch farming at all. And ANY competition over resources is good for the economy. Traders rejoice

19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't think it was ever necessary to switch modes to farm sieges. You could just run into another siege. The wood drops were cut back pretty significantly also.

Mishikal likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed. I could honestly gather more wood from some of the scenes I know in the time it takes me to run sieges. And then I get bark and stuff too.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.