Signatures.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bohica, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar Aiden

omg your new sig is making my eyes bleed! :eek:

And I'll add that I like your work AND your sense of humor.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I really liked your signature Grace but yeah you're not supposed to have animations.

it was creative tho I will hand you that. Just put it back with a picture of the forums with you posting with your current signature LOL !

Static, of course :)

3. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Yea it's really too bad
    I hate to see you go, and stop making the Wonderful Sigs you do
    I can understand if you don't finish mine that's alright Babe

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well I dont know about all that but we do appeciate you doing signatures Grace, i personally think its great you donate your time to the community.

In the end, sometimes we go overboard and the mods step in. I dont always agree with them but they're doing their best to make sure the forums dont get out of hand and on a site this big its not an easy job, so sometimes we all need to step back a bit from the keys and not take things so seriously.

5. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I've spent a bit of time cleaning some of these recent posts. It's obvious there are some differing opinions on this topic but this public passive aggressiveness needs to stop. In the end it does nothing but cause issues and stir up trouble which is the last thing we want. Please keep the forum rules in mind.

6. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

You can delete your own posts you know :)

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I guess that pretty much answers my questions. Thanks for the help and the info!

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek:Well, there's never a dull moment around here is there!...
    ~Time Lord~:(

10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

The truth is hard to swallow sometimes.

Time Lord and Lonn Bimmer like this.
  11. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Call it what you will, we have rules here for a reason and all we ask is that they are followed. They are very fair in my opinion and aren't difficult to follow. Everyone who joins the forums agrees to them when they join and is expected to abide by them; we mods included.

12. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Just wait till Lord British has us killing children again.

Lonn Bimmer, tradyblix and Time Lord like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed Sir Isycle !
    and I want to be the first :D If I get my wish of shorter chr options, then I can use my Great Sig By GraceKain to become a very blood thirsty little boy :mad:
    ~Time Lord~:p

14. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

The problem is and always has been that the mods of this forum only Inforce the rules only when another member complains. If the moderators actually moderated and keep everyone in line on their own, then I would not have an issue. I was actually told that I should go around and check everyone's sigs for rule violations because the staff does not have time too.

I feel that I was singled out personally just because someone doesn't like me for one reason or another.

Sir Isycle, Time Lord and Lonn Bimmer like this.
  15. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

That's not true at all on either count. We actively keep up on the forum quite a lot and one of the first things I do when I log in is to check reports so they can be handled because technically a report is meant to be made when a user spots an issue that needs to be addressed and we've not noticed it yet ourselves. This is a large and growing forum which takes time to go through and we're all volunteers with jobs and families as well which is why the report system is vital to us. However, we still browse the forums ourselves to find issues that need taken care of. The likely issue is that most users won't notice us doing this as we do so privately for the most part. I don't believe you should go around and actively look for them yourself, but if you happen to see one while using the forum, you can certainly report it to us.

Lastly, I don't believe anyone is singling you out. We approach every issue the same and are as fair as possible when dealing with them. We take no joy with people getting reported. We mods are just as much a part of this community as everyone else and want to see people getting along and respecting each other despite disagreeing at times with them. Unfortunately Utopia doesn't really exist anywhere.

Now, I'm going to ask that we put this to rest and go back to the topic of the thread.

16. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Actually, if no more Signature requests are being taken, then this thread no longer serves a purpose. If someone would like to continue taking Signature requests, please start a fresh thread. This one is being closed.

If signatures continue to be a source of issues, then I will have to consider removing all signature privileges from this forum. I personally hope that it does not get to that, as I love the creative expression about ourselves that Signatures can allow.

I'm going to end with our Forum Signature Rules for review.

Forum Signature Requirements:
    • No Signature can include images/text that contain ethnic/racial slurs, derogatory/discriminatory statements, profanity, mature or sexually explicit content.
    • All Signatures must be NO larger then 750 pixels wide x 150 pixels high.
    • Signatures must be in JPG format. NO animated GIFs please.
    • Signatures may include ONE hyperlink to a SotA Fansite or SotA Guild Website.
    • All Signatures are subject to approval and may be removed at the Community Managers discretion. Repeated violation of the signature requirements will result in the user account being prohibited from displaying signatures. Please see my Signature below for an appropriate example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.