Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Silver and Gold. Mining superiority

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

Sounds like a lot of rework to the infrastructure of the game. Easier to incorporate the assets already in place.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, that's always true. Again, just talking about my ideal economy.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

EvE kidna had what your talkigna bout. Once the resources were harvested in an area, they were gone until the server restarts (they restarted the server early int he mornign every day)

It was more or less a static cap on resources harvestable in areas per day, but there was enough of it that it took entire fleet sof peopel to bleed alot of it dry in a single day.

I honestly dont think that would work with the systems they have in place here. im not a fan single use node objects (i much prefer static nodes with diminishign return until dry) but theres potential for what they are currently doign to work really well.

4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Yes and No.
    1) You need sillver and gold in every crafting.
    2) Its not the biggest time eater in hi-end crafting: task: make hi-end bow for archer(not archer mage)(2x enchant 2xmastercraft Rock maple, supple leather bowsting). So for one bow you need 120 maple wood and 10 suet, but on my levels of mastercraft I have pretty high fail chances on second mastercraft, also you can gain not specific bonuses. So I need to craft 3-4 bows and only one of them will be "bow of a dream" So in the end I need : 360-480 maple wood, 30-40 suet, 30-40 ingots of gold and 30-40 ignots of silver. It is much easier to dig 120-160 of each ore than lumberjack 360-480 maple wood or gather 30-40 suet.
    Crafting in general is not balanced, rock maple wood gives 5% increase in critical damage it is same as you can get by one mstercraft. And it is wrong.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

But you dont use wood to enhance every item in the game. Carpeters, blacksmiths, tailors and leatherworkers are all gonna want plenty of silver. Alchemists can modify everything the othyer crafting schools craft with gold. Wood isnt in that much of a demand

6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Maybe Gold and Silver and just precursors for other types of stuff yet to be implemented.

They could easily add more types of wood and make them accessible in deep woods. #1 the Larch... the Larch. Additionally, Obsidian Wolves, etc. offer the same type of animal hide as less fancy animals. Maybe they start offering Obsidian Hide. For Cloth, if they wanted to be fancy, then sheep can provide wool, or even fancier would be the Sheep that give us Steel Wool.

So maybe Gold and Silver can be a placeholder for other materials. I suspect Masterwork could easily adjust. I think Alchemy at least for longer would be stuck with gold given its history.

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

From both of your quotes

Coal is hardened bear poop! Got it. ;)

Acred, FrostII and Traveller13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.