Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Single Player Offline: How about letting players use their POT lot deeds

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In the Single Player Offline mode, all the rewards connected to my account seem to be available in the game, including any POT lot deeds. I expect that these will be removed because there are no POTs in the offline game, and they can't be used to claim a lot.

But I think it would be nice if instead of removing these deeds from the offline game, you would simply convert them to regular lot deeds (naturally only for the offline game) so that people can use them to claim lots. After all, many people spent money on these deeds and would be happy to use them in an offline game.

Also, I sincerely hope that lots will be cheap and tax-free in the offline game.

Alana Baran, Alley Oop and Jens_T like this.
  2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

This ties in pretty directly to my currently pending question. We don't have any idea how they are going to treat any of the lots for single player offline at this point. Will the lots need deeds at all? :shrug:

Seems like your request makes sense though, if the deed system is gonna be the same.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. uhop

uhop Avatar

Why do we need any deeds for an offline game? Go wild! Claim all lots and build cities, if that's your poison.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I agree to a certain extent. If it is too easy there won't be any sense of accomplishment in becoming a city builder. My preference would be to put no limits on the number or sizes of properties you can acquire and eliminate taxes, but make you work to be able to purchase them instead of being able to claim them without any up-front effort. This way there will be a purpose to adventuring and selling loot and resources to NPCs.

The initial plan of the Devs to mirror the conditions in the online game (limit the number of lots you can own and make it virtually impossible to acquire and pay taxes on a large lot as well as pay taxes on small lots) would in my opinion destroy the fun in the offline game.

5. uhop

uhop Avatar

Shouldn't it be up to offline players, and how they see role-playing? Some people want to restrict themselves. Some people don't. Personally, I don't see why/how you, I , Port, or anybody else should restrict what people do on their own computer, which does not affect others in any way. I don't see any moral reason to corral people into what somebody thinks is right.

PS: If you tried to be an unlimited city builder, and it didn't work out for you for some reasons --- it's an offline game --- easy to start anew, and/or create millions of parallel avatars! And the thing called "common sense" is not outlawed yet either. ;-)

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Where did u get the information that this was the initial plan? I have asked about this subject repeatedly for literally years and have not gotten a true amswer

uhop likes this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Darkstarr mentioned at least the high price and tax rate in the roadmap posted last year. I quoted the passage: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/roadmap.52342/page-2#post-571681

In the same thread Berek said that they might reconsider: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/roadmap.52342/page-4#post-574764

I can't find any reference to a plan to limit the number of lots able to be claimed. I think that I was probably wrong about that, but a high tax rate would have the same effect of limiting the number of lots claimed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.