Skill Gains, Experience Pools, Training . . . . Some explanations and Videos :-)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Weins201, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derium

Derium Avatar

If you press "k" in game, your pool for combat and gathering will be in the bottom right of the window :)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

In the last iteration, I experimented with the game by playing all skills turned on and didn't do the min max with hoarding XP and gustballing skills one by one as a mage using staffs and chainmail suit.

I notice that the ball start rolling once I have all stat innate skills learned. I was able to wreck most of the 5 skull zones with most of my spells around 60-80 range.

Going with this approach actually reduce the issue with running out of focus mid fight because my adv level and all the stat innate were growing proportionally along with the spell skills.

My point is there is an alternate way to progress the character without having to min/max the leveling. If your main focus is to get on pvp then this approach may not work well since the min/max guys will most likely be ahead of you. However, I find it's more fun and relaxed to play this way.

Time Lord and Acred like this.
  3. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Almar, I don't believe this information is valid anymore. I came here looking for the same thing - information on how to get your head around skill leveling, what the arrows do, where the XP pool is, etc. Nowhere to be found and there's a *TREMENDOUS* amount of false/outdated information about the mechanics of this game all over the internet.

It doesn't help that the documentation is unacceptably bad as well. If the game tells you how all this works, I (and many others from reading chat) have missed it. If you find something accurate, please PM me here. I'll do the same for you.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Other than the game's instructions, Portalarium has stated in the past that as we move forward, much of the specifics of things will become unknowns to the general public because they are then considered finished products. The "Don't Lawyer Me Bro" policy of Portalarium in this regard is in effect, as plans can always change. The intent when this was gathered, is that our skills and such should become full of Myths to incite the since of wonder.

While some players may remember how things were during development, some of these could be now nothing but "Myths" and false statements, yet others could be gospel, but unable to present facts of current Portalarium statements to back up such claims.
    You are very correct ;)!'
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

5. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    This is fantastic help I was always a bit lost of how things work. Thank you very much

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Almar

Almar Avatar

I was directed to the XP pool. Hit 'k' and look at bottom right of the skill window.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Alrick

Alrick Avatar

This is ridiculously too confusing.. Seriously. Make it like UO. *rolls eyes*

Whyterose Flowers and Time Lord like this.
  8. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

No its not very fun at all, but doubt it will change until the game is released to the general public and they stop playing because it is just another of the many hassles the game currently has.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.