Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

skill percentage caps?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Irongron, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irongron

Irongron Avatar

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did look around some first.

Is there a list of skill caps for archery (and I imagine other skills) someplace?
    I've worked Draw Strength on archery to level 15. It added 0.4 damage for the current level and states it is 0.4 for the next level. Is 0.4 the cap and I'm wasting xp by trying to build it higher or does it go up every 5,10,x levels?
    Same thing on multi shot and rapid fire. Level 4 and 12 for the two skills but the current cooldown/range/damage is the same. Does it only go up every so many levels or is once you have it that is what it is. Spent several hours bow hunting and didn't really stop to notice.

Same thing on Blades, Coup de grace. I have level 3, and its showing the same for level 4.
    I can better spend the xp on things that do seem to increase if this is the case that they stop gaining.

thanks.

2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I don't believe anyone has compiled that info yet. Or at least I haven't seen it. Port won't do that for us, either, so you could record that.

I find it hard to believe that a skill doesn't get better after level 15, since they all can exceed 120, but I don't have solid evidence to support that.

There are a number of posters that have studied archery so I'm sure the answer is out there.

3. agra

agra Avatar

From what I've seen, all the effect rates are linear, while all the XP requirements are non-linear/logarithmic/exponential/whatever.

And no, I've asked an looked several times, and there are no online resources that show what the max effect is at an arbitrary skill level for a given skill, either in duration, cooldown, damage, percentage, whatever. You pretty much have to pay for it skill it up yourself to find out, unfortunately.

4. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

I don't have a link to it, but I read a post recently regarding this type of thing. If I recall correctly it was specifically about the Sun & Moon stat bonus skills. Each level is increasing it, but it's a matter of what is displayed. You get 1 stat point for every 10 levels, which would mean 0.1 for each individual level. Problem is you won't see a difference until it hits the next display threshold. The regular stat increase skills are same way. They increase by 0.5 for each level but will only change display every even level. If you open your character stat window it will show a fractional stat. I have 6 in Moon Worship and it displays as 0-1 Dex with the next level being 0-1 Dex. My character stat window shows Dex to be 35.6.

I have a similar problem to you with Blade Mastery. It is currently 0.7 at lvl 52. I'm confident that it's ticking up at some rate, but due to not tracking the levels that the display increased I can't work out exactly what that is. You can feel good about one though, 0.4/15 is definitely greater than 0.7/52. Maybe I shoulda gone ranged. ;)

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Mordakai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.