Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Small Bags, Backpacks, etc

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Owain, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but what is the purpose of the small bags and back packs created with the tailoring skill? I would have hoped they could be used as in Ultima Online, where I could arrange my inventory, such as having reagents in one bag, gold in a different bag, and so forth. In SotA, if I put something in may inventory in a bag, it appears in the bag, but remains in the inventory list, which doesn't help me in my effort to declutter my inventory.

As a proposal, I'd like it if when move something from my inventory into a bag, it is removed from my inventory and appears in the bag. Further, I'd like it if I could rename a bag, or dye it a different color as in UO. Also, if I put crafting gear in a bag, such as a bag that contains all my smithing gear, when a recipe removes my smithing hammer or whatever from that bag, when I'm done with the recipe and I Remove All, my gear is replaced back into the bag from where it was found rather than put back into my main inventory.

I want of be able to use bags to sort my supplies and declutter my inventory. I'd like one bag for each crafting skill to hold the tools and supplies needed for that skill to make it easier to find what I need when crafting. As it is, bags are just one more piece of clutter in my main inventory.

lollie, Lyran, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

As far as decluttering inventory they work well enough for me. Then again I don't use list mode or whatever it's called. Maybe instead of it being 'removed' from your inventory, the list should act like a file directory where the bag is a new folder that can be expanded?

Dyes.. yes. I think that's a no brainer personally. We should be able to dye them.

Items returned to the container they were taken from.. would be very nice.

Lyran and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

for those that use tha bag view - there isn't a problem because it shows only those bags really.

however, for those that use the list view, your whole inventory shows everything, while your sub-inventories of each bag show up in BOTH locations. that makes me think i have two of an item when i only have the one.

@bowen - i like your idea about a subdirectory type thing - your inventory is crap you have in yoru pockets, while your bags show what you've sorted in them. - makes sense to me.

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Wow, I pointed this out back in r4 and reported it as a bug in r5... At least the items in the sub bags are seen in the inventory now, but they still don't go back into the bag they came from... Which would be nice for crafting...

I'm so used to "list" mode now, it doesn't matter to me anymore... It's the mode that has "take all" button... Until they have a "take all" button in Bag mode, I'll probably stick to List mode...

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Dyes are coming, hopefully you can dye bags. As for clutter of items in bags. It's literally the most annoying in-game RPG inventory I've ever seen. The dragging process. Finding that Halberd. Finding those arrows. Not to mention the bug of the bag being bigger than the bag, I'm talking about the size of items being too small, too difficult to pick up and move.

Lord Baldrith and ThurisazSheol like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG]

Yes to everything you said Owain. I so wanted to use my bags instead of list mode. I don't think they work like they should yet in this game. Hopefully they will someday. For one thing Items are too big compared to how they were in Ultima. Don't look at the mess of my icons lol. I can't tell you how busy I was in that game every second. My bags actually looks way more organized than normal.:)

7. Meyaka2

Meyaka2 Avatar

When you right click a bag you should be able to "Rename" bag. I to have the issue where items show up in bag and in inv. I had a stranger issue where I stored walls and such(home deco items) in basement storage container, they would be in my inv as well. So they would be both at home in basement and in my inv. anywhere I go. I haven't tested this but can this be used duplicate items possibly? If so needs to be fixed.

8. Owain

Owain Avatar

Wouldn't be a dup if pointers to a single data structure defining the object were used.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I just went in game and went into bag mode lol What a mess since I have used list mode for most of the releases since it came out. ;)So I imagine item optimization regarding size etc will happen later. Right now just from the picture you can see some things are huge in the bag. Like the lemon, that is some giant lemon ;) I was looking thru my limited amount of pictures from my ultima days and from what I saw even then it took some effort to keep the bags organized. I loved them though and it was possible. I had a friend who would organize them for me every so often, I was always on the run ICQ's going, going here, going there, no time, well that was my excuse that is;). We had access to each others accounts so we could keep our houses refreshed if either of us were away for a while. So anyway I think this will be sorted out later on, it could be quite a job.

edited.........spelling;)

Lord Baldrith and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.