Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Small changes/additions you'd like to see implemented.

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by jrb9249, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Auto sort function for the backpack style inventory. I love the backpack but it can get a little bit confusing in there, especially when you are looking for some things and you want to rummage through your gear really fast, moving it around in the backpack and then you suddenly grab something that is stacked. Then you are in the menu to decide how much you want to move and maybe even already moved the slider which is very annoying.

So I think an auto sort function would be great.

Oh and double clicking on stacked items to take all of them when looting.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

If you log out at you home, when you log back you will be shown waking from you bed (if u have one).

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

Arianna, Time Lord, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Bats at night and inside caves.
    Player quests (ok this is a big one)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

When a NPC speaks to you, the UI should display a NEXT or DONE button on the bottom so you can read in time and when you are ready pass on to the next sentence. That way we can always pay attention to the screen and shouldnt have to open the chat box.

5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

We should be able to pick a bag to store loot.

When we push "Take all" option when looting, the bag should close automatically

In list mode bag option, equipment tab, we should be able to sort by "type of slot": head, hands, neck, etc...

It is not small, but we need a solution to large hexes with houses and difficult terrain, example: isles. There is too much time lost walking. Horses are getting very very needed at this point.

Lunar rifts are very important from a military point of view. They really should be more defended (towers, walls, guards, you name it), or at least there should be lore reasons to be so unguarded (periodically we get astral moster invasion trough lunar rifts, they are radioactive, witched, who knows).

we should carry our equiped weapons on our back.

We need an option to not see the names overhead, but to see the health bars in combat.

docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  6. Gau2

Gau2 Avatar

1. How about an avatar armor/clothing and weapon/shield "lock" buttons so that I don't accidentally unequip something and equip with some inferior looted junk.

2. For crafting, how about a "Make Last" or "Repeat" button? Double clicking your recipe book is good, but a single button would be better when you are milling, smelting, weaving, etc.

3. Be able to right click a carpet or anything you are putting in your house and being able to lock it... I got frustrated getting something in just the right place and then accidentally moving it.

4. Player craftable ladders ;-) I don't want to stack innumerable things in my yard to get on my roof! And, I want to be able to storm the castle!!!

5. Siege engines, cauldrons of boiling oil, ballista, etc ;-) On, that note, how about arrow slits, or whatever they call them on walls and in buildings?

6. Player craftable doorbell/chime mechanisms.

7. Player craftable automatic door openers that open and close as someone approaches or leaves. For when you don't feel like double clicking your house door... Now people are leaving them open most of the time.

8. Rhetorical question: Do we really need the monster loot window open after you "take all"? Perhaps one isn't done looting at this point? I do suppose you may want to ditch trash on the corpse... I think we can auto-close it...

9. Pyramids, or even just one? How about a camel? ;-)

Cheers.

7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I would like to organize my old style backpack by having sub-packs (either in my main pack or portrait slots) at least two deep, that I can simply drop items on to have them go in to that pack or sub-pack and also be included into the inventory.

When I drop resources on my head they should go into the right bag & stack. When I craft, I want the resources/tools to come out of the right bag (although I think this works now, but they don't remember where the tool came from).

I do not want to auto-arm a weapon I drop on my head, it should just go into my main pack...

All looted items should have a value when sold...

docdoom77, Crikey and Time Lord like this.
  8. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea Avatar

I wonder if cloaks can have the hoods pulled over ones head or removed with relative ease.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Backpack Encumbrance"
    I would like for backpacks to be able to be taken off. This would greatly reduce the inventory space, but with encumbrance added into our game in a meaningful fashion, then fighting with one on would be encumbered as well as speed of running when the pack is full. This would also be a tip off, if a player has many things on them, or the wish for more as well as their engageability if you wish to fight them. This would also suggest an ability to "drop your backpack' for escape or for fighting.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Looting Time"
    Looting anything should have a item count and item loot-ability time delay... consequence of the greedy? o_O
    "It should take time to loot and not be instant" ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

11. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

[UI/CONTROL REFINEMENT SUGGESTIONS]
    Items dragged onto Avatar should be auto-placed in backpack, not auto-equipped (prevents auto-equipping of inferior weapon/armour during combat causing defeat)
    [Dragging items to Avatar] Left-click and drag to auto-move all bunched items (double left-click toggles amount to split)
    [Player to player trade] Transfer money
    [Ignite/douse equipped torch] Single left-click on torch (rather dragging torch to inventory etc.)
    [Improve movement fluidity] Cross-heir for precision targeting
    [Forward movement] Hold right mouse button (as opposed to pressing both)
    [Interactivity] Single left click mouse button i.e. open/close door etc.
    [Direct camera] Mouse movement (without clicking)
    [Pan camera around Avatar] Hold shift whilst moving mouse
    [Other movement] Arrow keys i.e. backward, left, right, move forward
    [Zoom in/out] Increase mouse scroll wheel speed
    [Free inventory] Toggle grid icon
    [List inventory] Weapons tab separate from armour tab
    [Character sheet] Detach quick slots from bottom of character sheet for fast reference (hence reducing screen clutter i.e. quick slots stay open after character sheet closed). Single left click any item in a quick slot to equip/unequip
    [Character sheet] Icon providing quick access to 'skills'
    [Skill sheets] Condense into 1 sheet
    [Regeneration] Floating numbers indicating regenerating health expose hiding enemies- handing unfair tactical advantage to Avatar, hence should be removed
    [Target highlight] Color of highlight denoting NPC/monster being interacted with should not indicate hostility or friendliness (use one colour only) i.e. an attacking enemy, whilst hostile, might not be deserving of death...
    [Hotbar] Replace miniscule arrow with large icon. (alternatively include toggle to have both open on screen at the same time)

12. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

It would be cool to get a key to toggle torch On/off on right hand (of course we need to have it in our inventory).

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Luznad

Luznad Avatar

Hey,

When i drop a item over a bag in my backback, it would be nice, if it would stack with same items allready in the bag.

The Buildings should have remarkable structure or other specific markings, so finding by a description would be easier.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Being able to put down items in all places in the house - including stairs, battlements, outer fence.
    Also on top of each other, which in many cases seems not to work. I.e. I want to place additional food on the cooking table or stack some food/books.
    Including not only items described as housing items, but all items - including armor, weapons, gems ...

15. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

FURTHER:

A universal lock-down-all-house-items button.

So that nothing can be dragged and dropped or moved. This will stop the very prevalent accidental shifting of furniture and especially carpets.

The added bonus is that Kindred can also not accidentally mess up your house, and not know how to put it back exactly how it was, but they can still use chests and crafting tables.

I also wonder, by turning off the possibility of moving house items, so that most houses are switched 'off' by default, most of the time, would this save some game Memory or Ram or CPU work? Reduce town-scene load times, even by a small amount?

When you want to add to your house or shift items, you simply need to click 'on'.

16. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

Let there be light
    .The option to have the Light Spell icon on the Combat or Crafting hotbar or both.
    .To be able to re-energise the light spell at will, not to have to wait till it dies.

(I would also like to be able to see the front of my house in the daytime, when the sun is behind it. At the moment, it is an almost-black wall, even though Shadows are turned off.)

Divinyl, docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

A lot of people seem to be asking for devs to not allow autodragging onto avatars. I actually like the ability to drag stuff onto my avatar, even when equipping. It saves me from having to open my paper doll to equip items. a suggestion might be to have the ability to drop and maybe shift-drop items on my avatar. That way both parties could be accommodated without any current functionality to be lost.

Arianna, docdoom77, fantalio and 4 others like this.
  18. jrb9249

jrb9249 Avatar

I think it is just the auto-dragging onto your avatar and having it auto-equip that people are not liking. I like the auto-dragging . . . just put it in my bag please.

19. Beli

Beli Avatar

All I can say about this thread Is wow! Most of what you wish for will be here some day. I hope anyways. Ok back work Devs.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

My point is that autodragging should either equip or put in the bag, not just one. So instead of saying autodrag should equip, which it should, or saying that autodrag should put things in my bag, why not let autodrafdo both by using a modifier key. that way the best of worlds exists. If ty autodargyou have one behavior and if you use a modifier key and autograph you get the other behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.