Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SO a change was made making it harder to gain skills???

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

if they did a full wipe , a lot of people would quit, I being one of them. I put a lot of time into my char, a full wipe would tick me off ..... That is not the answer ...

Cosmos and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Not full wipe, just skill wipe or skill nerf to 70. This would even things out.

3. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Not sure if it is possible to track down all those ppl who used exploits, but yes this could help a bit :)

FrostII and Gaelis like this.
  4. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

I dont' want easy game too, but making grind more grindy will encurage people to use macro. That's it.
    Problem is not in the noobs, but in those who has reached insane skill levels in no time and will own SOTA's endgame content if nothing will change.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

well I got 3 of my skills to a little over 70 the hard way, by grinding. Does that mean wipe my skills to 70? if so, I would not like it. It took me a LONG time just to get it there ...

6. Cosmos

Cosmos Avatar

Totally agree. If there is a wipe I stop, and other players I know would stop also. I spent too much time doing uninteresting things to level my character, and I would not repeat it

FrostII and Chatele like this.
  7. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Well, another option would be to recover skill gains as they were prior r34 :)
    At least for crafting...

8. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

compare HOURS of gameplay with skills levels (up to 80) .. if the players as 10+ skills at 80+ devs have to investigate a little bit..

when a player is identified by a cheater , just paint his/her name in BLACK... to warning other player about status of player... and all skill>80 lowered to 80

maybe ban player from all pvp turnaments

9. uhop

uhop Avatar

I got a few skills over 70, all by grinding. I don't mind to have them wiped back to 70 (or whatever the natural limit should be).

Some people threaten to quit, if wiped, --- maybe it should be optional? For example, if you refuse the wipe, you lose all rights to whine "this game is sooo easy, let's make it hard!", and to ever vote on directions of the game. ;-)

10. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I've been grinding/playing since the first day of release. I've never used an exploit as far as I know, and I have 4 GM skills and probably another 10 around or over 80. I've also been working at least 40 hours a week every week since release.

Some people just play really hard core, and you can't automatically assume that someone with a lot of GM skills is an exploiter. Many days I only make it on for an hour, if I played 12+ hours a day since release, I'd probably have dozens of GM skills by now.

Chatele likes this.
  11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You cant reset everybodies skills when persistence has been declared, especially since some of those skills required materials and reagents to raise which people traded/payed for by trading pledge/addon store items.

Chatele, uziraff, Montaigne and 2 others like this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First I never said everyone exploits, just some did. ALso you did very well but with the change a new player will have to put 2x more effort into achieving what you have accomplished.

They have always said if needed they can - - - - - - -

Snikorts likes this.
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It's not uncommon for games to do skill wipes, but not experience wipes.

Snikorts likes this.
  14. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I suppose oversight would be a more apt description since it wasn't actually a bug in the code, but rather a value that they forgot to switch before persistence.

FrostII and Olthadir like this.
  15. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

They never changed the total experience to gain levels though. I would of been in the exact same place now with this change.

When I leveled my 4 life healing skills to GM, I had to do it 1 at a time and it took a lot of focus to do it (Turning just that one skill on). With the new system, I could of raised all 4 of the skills at the same time. So in the end I'd be in the exact same spot, but I would of been able to raise all the skills at once.

So the new system is actually better, because you don't have to micro-manage your skills as much. You can simply keep many of the skills you want to use on at once.

Olthadir and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The issue is using a Ring of Fire to farm mobs in a control point while using the terrain to break line of sight is not an exploit. There is zero exploiting going on there. You simply kite mobs through a ring of fire up and down some stairs to break the line of sight of the mobs. Breaking line of sight is an intended game mechanic. Kiting is an intended mechanic. Damage over time spells are an intended mechanic. So they'd have no legitimate reason to reduce the skills of people who did that. You're not breaking the game by being unkillable or anything like that. You still take a ton of damage doing it. You just need to focus a lot on defensive skills and healing to survive while the enemies burn.

Study_Break and Fister Magee like this.
  17. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

This one is debatable.
    All your described aspects of farming with ring of fire are not exploits per se, but the way how you use all of them goes beyond normal interaction with mobs in particular control points. Basicly you are using weakness of poor AI to farm exp.

18. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

And what about crafting skills and taming? Now you need more resources to achieve same results.

19. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

People who exploit massive, early gains are usually the first to quit. (or sell account)

Wipe won't fix anything but will certainly piss off 95% of the player base.

Suck it up, spend a week growing your pool, then business as usual

Chatele likes this.
  20. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Yes, I could, but it pisses me off and disencourages to play further.
    I spent one month to gather 3k of gold ore for skill gains. Now I need twice as much to achieve same results in mastercrafting.
    It means that It will take me months or years to catch up with those who leveled to GM prior r34

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.