So now that you killed The Fall, can you please make The Rise a pvp zone?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by belijaal, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

*Ducks*

Soryu, Dhanan, Dhanas and 1 other person like this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

It never should have been a grind spot imho :D I disliked it from the beginning as it was more of a death match map.

Can understand the frustration though :/

For Q4 and Q1 we might get more PVP features again.. Maybe with some depth this time :)

Gix likes this.
  3. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

The Fall doesn't necessarily have to be an exp grind spot. It could be something else that makes people go there (No, mushrooms are not enough).

The way it is now, it's gonna be deserted for the most part. The main pvp spot in the game is dead.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

PVM contents in The Fall was designed to incentive players to visit it. I really doubt many players want to spend the day in a Deathmatch Arena.
    I would do it, but we are all very different people.
    +1 for The Rise/K'rul PVP Zones

belijaal likes this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I think it wasn't the only zone that got a nerf in PVE :/

Wish maybe all Shardfalls could get a little buff. Too few boss spawns there from my pov.

Sara Dreygon and Ancev like this.
  6. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

For the unenlightened, can someone explain what I missed in the heyday of the Fall? And what killed it?

7. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There were kinda high level liches to kill, and if you did not kill the boss lich by them they respawned really fast. Now you have to kill the boss lich to get them to respawn. Another thing about the fall is it is the only place that drops the pvp artifacts, but that is not why people are saying they killed it.

Cordelayne, Numa and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  9. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

You can't get decent exp in the fall anymore. Apart from the pvp artifacts there's now no reason to go there. This will result in a lot less traffic and therefor a lot less pvp action.

Soryu likes this.
  10. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Maybe zones should have a fun factor as a draw instead of an xp factor only. Oh wait, I'm not a game designer, what do I know.

Cordelayne, Quenton, Gix and 3 others like this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well since PvP zones are coming up again...

PvP should never be centered around exclusive zones. PvP needs a solid ruleset that works everywhere. I don't care if it's harder and would take longer to do. PvP deserves to be done right.
    PvP should not have to try to entice non-PvPers to join in with promises of resources, artifacts and XP. In my opinion this is a sign of bad design.

Honestly, in having to sacrifice either time, cost or quality.. I feel like it's quality that's taken the hit here. (And I don't even PvP, but it's largely the design and implementation that keeps me away).

Incentives for PvP should include actually affecting the world around you. IE: Players controlling a control point being able to chose options that affect towns and surrounding zones could spark all kinds of PvP all the time. (The 'control point' needn't be in bottlenecks but could be a PRT or something). These areas wouldn't need to be PvP only but only PvPers could affect changes.

I hear @Chris keep talking about edge cases and I get that fixing them all would be a pain.. but how about we get a list of those cases? Maybe we can come up with workable solutions. (Something other than zones with unique rulesets).

Hornpipe, Gix, Tiina Onir and 9 others like this.
  12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

My humble suggestion as budding Game Dev/Designer is something hard, challenging and rewardable (Xp,Loots) for parties, based on waves/rounds with simple control points mechanic.
    This can help bringing huge parties of players into the map, and consequently help pvpers to find many opponents.

margaritte likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think they want to avoid XP & loot farming though. The amount of XP you could get in the Fall was crazy insane.

14. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Exactly,
    that's why I didn't like the Fall in the first place.. as it felt like a PVP minigame Zone with all the buffs and so on.
    The game's PVP needs an overall conflict, which I am still missing tbh... Since the story is more or less finished I find its consequence or lack or it worrying for the virtual world itself.

Before they add another minigame zone, I'd rather see them develop something deeper that EVERYONE can somehow enjoy or contribute to.

Less minigame zones, instead deeper mechanics that make the world feel more alive.
    Order vs Chaos Battles in UO were great and would be a start.

15. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I have said it before, i refuse to play battlegrounds which the Fall is an incarnation of, for many reasons..... We know what the game needs, we have said many times, when they listen and introduce a PvP reward system with depth, control of land, resources, factions, etc then i will personally perma flag. We were promised back beginning of the year once the story line was complete in July.....we would be told of their plans on PvP/factions etc.....still waiting....

I did only come to this game for the PvP really, and I'm still waiting.

If Bowen, who is anti PvP for himself at least agrees with the 'other side' something must be amiss..:)

Cordelayne, Gix, Numa and 4 others like this.
  16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Speaking of the story, it I really think they need a separate online version and offline version. What we have is clearly an offline version but it can't affect the world because it's single player and the world needs to remain static for individual players to complete the story. It just doesn't work well in an online environment. Rather the online story should center more around groups / factions that don't really touch the offline elements directly. I know that's more work / time / cost but the way it is now the story feels like you can't affect anything playing offline either. Oooo I read a book at the end.. aren't I special.. nothing's changed. It's a bit disappointing.

But back to PvP, let me elaborate a little more on the control point idea. Even without a faction system in place you could get natural factions forming. For example: Group A comes in and takes control of an area. They select an option of supporting say.. the Red Sash bandits.. (we'll say we're in the Hidden Vale). Suddenly, fences and shady characters move into Kingsport and Owl's Head and a few other places.. Those fences will buy stolen goods and may sell some rarer items. Regular merchant prices change.. they'll charge more and pay less and there may be fewer guards in town.

Group B sees this and players grumble about the NPC prices.. everyone knows that Group A is at the control point. Group B goes to clear them out. Group B supports the merchants. NPC prices shift, they might have better stock. Fences go away etc..

Group C doesn't care about any of it.. they just want to PvP.. they can see things changing and know someone's at the control point so they go to have a little fun. :)

That is how I think control points SHOULD work. Always a reason to fight. Results have real meaning in the world which essentially broadcasts where the action is.

Cordelayne, Numa, Adam Crow and 3 others like this.
  17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The game world is nearly ideal for the oontrol of resources, land etc with the way the map is laid out , control points, choke points etc. Its not like they have to make a new map or anything, just some underlying changes.

Theres many options ....heres a post i did back at the beginning of the year....Just an idea....theres many ideas that can be implemented to encourage ALL to engage in PvP, the world, the game....

Ive wanted this from the start. Control points with bonus's/resources to be gained by controlling them by players in one of a specific number of factions, either an even number of factions relative to control points or slightly less, meaning all can attempt to hold their own mostly( where they get even more of a bonus to whatever it is in there home CP) and all can fight over the other 2-4, which would give bonus's/resources as well but not to the same degree as their home CP, still worth fighting over and controlling, but if you had to choose you would rather control your home ground.

My idea allows a normal unflagged player to show an affiliation to a group of players(faction), where they are not able to be attacked by this factions members and can travel through freely any cp's they own. For the majority this would be the one closest to home, allowing them access to most of the map still. Say a person located in Dracenfels might choose to be affiliated with ' The Drakens' whose home CP is Vaubans pass. A bonus of a type can also be given to these unflagged players, not to the same degree as the pvp faction ones but still a bonus which will encourage them to support their fighters in their affiliated homelands. Maybe they can sign up as a Militia member, get even more of a bonus to their normal received ones from their faction controlling the CP but if the CP gets taken they are automatically flagged for PvP until that is retaken, then they can choose to still stay part of the militia gaining bonus resources above that of an unflagged player or go back to just being an unflagged player but still with an affiliation to faction.

If a unflagged players factions cp is taken then yes they will have issues getting to and fro and this will encourage the faction and even the normally unflagged players to join forces for a time becoming part of the militia until their home cp is returned to the faction.

Lots of ideas can be done with CP's, they are perfect for fighting over, with the world split up by them. This would give PvP a meaning and i would think it should be quite easy to keep control of a CP or at least regain it when you have the full weight of the militia players for that faction added to the foot soldiers when it is taken.

Edit:

Some ideas of Bonus's which i think need to be significant i think but these just numbers and throwing out ideas.

For holding own CP

Faction PvP members :
    +12 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 100)
    +20 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +30% resource gathering amount
    +30% Combat XP

Militia Members:
    +6 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 94)
    +10 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +20% resource gathering amount
    +20% Combat XP

unflagged affiliated players:
    +3 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 91)
    +5 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +10% resource gathering amount
    +10% Combat XP

If the CP is lost then all bonuses are lost till retaken

Taking other CP's

Faction PvP members :
    +6 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 106 with also holding own CP)
    +10 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +15% resource gathering amount
    +15% combat XP

Militia Members:
    +3 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 97 with also holding own CP)
    +5 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +10% resource gathering amount
    +10% combat XP

unflagged affiliated players:
    +1 to every skill ( if you got ice arrow at 88, u now have it at 92, if holding own CP)
    +2 to every stat, str/dex/int
    +5% resource gathering amount
    +5% combat XP

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

That was caused by a bug, players was able to get crazy exp killing a single mob with really fast respawn time.

19. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

And all these xp bugs that a casual player misses (like myself) make it tough to even see this end game content that others are bored with now.

Stop pleasing the uber strong and bored. They'll be back. Finish and balance for new people. Tier 1 and 2 is basically useless right now. This is the major problem I see.

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LMAO what a "bug" was abused again - say it is not sooo - - -

Once again we are in the same argument - sheep to the wolves - dead end and the horse is nothing but bones . . .

Cordelayne, Stundorn and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.