So, what do you think about sieges forced friend-mode and capped to adlvl 80 in r63?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dhanas, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The exp is not all that great compared to other areas I can go, that are *not* skill capped. Skill capping ensures that I have no interest in doing sieges.

2. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

don't try to be smart with me. i'm a bit furious now.I promise i will hunt you all guys.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The problem with scaling is you'll get people who will just make really twinked out low level alts for siegefarming purposes. Which is probably going to happen anyway if this cap crap doesn't change. All that 'wanting to help other players' ...bam, the high lvl enters, and now the low levels get 1 shot. That sounds fun. There's too much diversity in our skill system for scaling to really be viable - some builds require far less xp investment to reach the same level of power, and so on. I think it would be a bit of a balance nightmare. If the loot scaled up, that might make it appealing, but without lootscaling, just sounds like making something more difficult for no additional reward...who would bother?

Boris Mondragon, Elwyn and Dhanas like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm not. I'm agreeing with you. No need to be hostile.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

My general problem with skillcapping is it takes away the entire purpose of playing the game and levelling your character.
    If skills of level 80 is the tipping point, and this is a precedent for things to come....then why keep levelling beyond 80? If I'm getting scaled down to level 80, I could have quit playing like 18 months ago. I GET it for a pvp/competitive area, if you want to even the playing field. It makes no sense for a PvE scene.

I'm strongly against implementing something that essentially negates the thousands of hours of effort that you've put into the game - and it certainly doesn't motivate anyone to put in thousands more if you're already at the end of the road.

6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Without considering that many skills have a meaning just after lvl 120, example passive fire skills provide same fire speed from lvl 1 to 120+, it changes just after lvl 120, so it just advantages determinate builds that can work good even with lower xp.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

yes, exactly. Sieges are clearly marked Tier 4, there's no reason to cap the ALVL at 80 and skills at 100, which is what the proposal is. Generally, it looks to me like Port essentially is trying to prevent people from spending a lot of time running sieges. Which I like to do so I can stockpile arcane catalysts for days when I don't have the time to run sieges. Now I'll just skip the daily, it's not worth it being made painful and being bizarrely penalized for the crime of having invested a lot of time in my skills.

Boris Mondragon, Dhanas and kaeshiva like this.
  8. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

They could just increase difficulty of sieges, instead to be a tier 4 zones if they were too easy to do ( raise hp of mobs, make harder mechanics).

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

1M/h O_O

where can i haz these encounters??

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The thing is with the sieges, okay, there's a daily quest that in order to complete it, you HAVE to do the siege solo (or do an additional siege for every member of your party) in order to complete the quest. 18 catalysts drop, 18 catalysts required. Its just begging to be solo'd.

When sieges were first introduced, it seemed that the idea was that players would cooperate - together - to lift the siege from the town. At some point, the sieges stopped even being lifted. You clear it, you go out, and its immediately back. But that's a separate quandary, really.

If the goal is to make sieges that players need to cooperate to achieve, then yes, they need to be harder, BUT, the loot and drop rates need to be seriously addressed. We have far too much pointless/disappointing boss loot already which becomes even more pointless and disappointing if you're trying to split a few hundred gold and a shovel 8 ways. I would not mind at all if sieges scaled up with number of players - that actually might give you a reason to want to do a multi siege with more people - if you got better things from it. Currently there is no enticement to do so. Capping players isn't going to suddenly make people who want to solo farm decide to group up and share. They'll either solo/smallgroup it if they can, or not bother if they can't. Fewer people, bigger shares. This game does a lot to disincentivize grouping and capping is going to make it less appealing, not more appealing.

Vaiden Luro, Elwyn and Mishikal like this.
  11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

sieges are so hard. please make them easier for solo farmer build players. >_<

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  12. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

With the new siege calculators out now people zip to the one they want and before you know it you have 8 people all competing for Dolus. Other people clear the siege and some God tier person comes in and gets the boss.
    Fixed - now its friends only.
    Now the God players have to do their own work and clear their own siege - but still kill the boss just as easy. I am guessing #NotIntended. This feels like a temporary fix (skill caps) while they figure a more long term solution.

Vaiden Luro, Elwyn and kaeshiva like this.
  13. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

sorry, my bad.i want hunt all your guild.

14. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Upper tear, sieges, the fall, tier 5 zones with lots of mobs, ravensmoor, dragons and many others I am missing.
    If you are not able to do those zones solo, there are LFG groups, that can help you to gain 1 milion in less than 1h

Boris Mondragon and Woodchuck like this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Also Grannus, Twin Foothills, Crag Foothills, The rise, K'rul, Control Points and many many more.

16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Just...wow. I've not done anything to you. Players like you are why we need selective multiplayer.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this MIGHT just be bad english, and he typed want where he meant won't.

might not be, though.

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm very curious about this specifically.

You had people come back to the game because they want to compete with others in sieges?

I ask because I don't understand that at all. What is the motivation? They want to take other peoples loot? Are these the same people that @kaeshiva was complaining about?

I can't see another reason so please inform me.

Boris Mondragon, Elwyn and Mishikal like this.
  20. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

What could go wrong with this change? Seriously? everything can go wrong..code paths that were never meant to be combined coming right UP....

This is a LOT of work to avoid actually MAKING scenes REQUIRE groups and scaling loot to be difficulty appropriate.

Sieges(and TONS of other content) never should have been solo able, certainly not the cabalists. There should be a GAME MECHANIC stopping it thou not some "our game design is broken" cap on skills. That said they've been soloable for so long its wrong to change that now. ("farm early farm often" continues to be the mantra of the day)

And its such an easy fix. There are soooo many known successful group content dynamics already in the world. Perhaps thats why they said for the begining of the release. Could they be preparing GROUP CONTENT!!!???!!! Ok ok wake up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.