Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Solace Bridge Outskirt's wooden bridge occasionally spawns temporarily invulnerable Zombies

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by hegpetz, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hegpetz

hegpetz Avatar

6/24/2018 8:05 PM
    Title: Solace Bridge Outskirt's wooden bridge occasionally spawns temporarily invulnerable Zombies
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? No
    Details: In Solace Bridge Outskirts occasionally a zombie spawns on the wooden foot bridge and is invulnerable while on bridge to both players and NPCs. It seems that it has some sort of buff, and once the buff expires it takes damage as normal.

More notably, while waiting for a zombie to spawn again while typing these notes I had one spawn nearby on the grassy rocks and killed it to hopefully accelerate the next one to spawn and IT was invulnerable! I used it to take better pictures of the arrow graphics as proof. Although it could go up while shooting at a dummy, while taking the pictures my Ammo Scavenger skill ticked up so the shots definitely registered on some level. After taking the pictures I waited until the zombie had moved further away and it started taking damage. From this I learned the zombie likes to walk as opposed to stand and seems to ignore damage in favor of walking in a direction. While reviewing the pictures I noticed an obvious buff that I did not notice while attacking the creature so I can't tell you what the buff's name was :( I waited a while to see if another would spawn. I want to say it lasts 10-15 seconds.

I think it relates to the distance of their spawn? I'm honestly not sure. It almost feels like it spawns in the wrong spot and instead of correcting position it pathfinds at character speed in an invulnerable state until it gets to its "valid" location. That theory doesn't explain why the spawn spot or the places it pathfinds through aren't acceptable.. it follows terrain and everything.

NOTE: This bug also occurs in release 55, as that is where I went to take the screenshots :p

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Go to Solace Bridge Outskirts, probably best at night
    2. Head to wooden foot bridge near (-51.1, 33.1, 141.4)
    3. Wait for Zombies to spawn, eventually one should spawn on the bridge (or possibly near it)
    4. Attack zombie
    5. Notice it takes no damage
    6. Move to where Zombie can follow off bridge (or if not on bridge let it go in the direction it is already walking - it will ignore you anyway)
    7. Notice zombie takes damage once off bridge (or if not on bridge once it goes far enough away from its spawning point)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32613
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 3947
    SotA.QA.Win.64.710.Date.06.22.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-51.1, 33.1, 141.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtNTEuMTA4LCAzMy4wNzEsIDE0MS4zNTgpfCgwLCAwLjg4NCwgMCwgMC40NjgpfDQ2Mi41NTY0fDI3LjQ0NzQ4fDMuODQ1NDY1

Zombie on bridge:
    [​IMG]
    Zombie who spawned near bridge:
    [​IMG]
    Another shot of zombie who spawned near bridge (to give idea of how long buff lasted)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.