Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Soltown Catacombs Rework. Great Job!

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Aartemis, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Great job on this map! This is exactly what I was hoping for when I tried to make some maps for @Chris

Even though we get the "underground travel" from the map, there is still a feeling of purpose to the map. I love the puzzles. Having something to find, and do (i.e. a purpose) other then just farming mobs makes it so much more rewarding! And when I say puzzles, I mean it in Richard's sense of 4x4x4, "something for the player to do"...in this case searching out a key to proceed farther into the map.

Slight Spoiler Ahead...

One of my early pet peeves was dungeon designs here that included mimics but failed to deliver on the actual loot chest. I'm simply going to stop opening them if I know a good chest is not around. Finally, here, I see the payoff in a dungeon where I work and search my way for all the secrets to the good payoff at the end!

Great scene transitions Crypt > Caves > Sewers without going overboard or getting too confusing. I really didn't get lost which is good for an introduction scene catacombs.

PLEASE keep up this fantastic map work in future town dungeons and sewers. The reward was not overly rich, but enough to make me stop and complete it whenever i'm down there, and that, IMO is a great balance. :D

Krullen and Browncoat Jayson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.