Soltown Issues(Day 2 Of The Adventure)

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Teralitha Tokomi, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Devs If you read this, make sure to check back later at least once for updated info, as I add more issues to the lists as I play throughout the day. But atm Im done adding to this particular post.

So I arrive in Soltown, and I talk to the guard that is right there as you arrive.

The guard asks me for a report from "Edvard" from the "Solace Bridge" and it auto opens my inventory. I look in my intentory and sure enough, I find a paper called "Edvards notes from solace bridge"

1. Who is Edvard and how did I get his notes? The guard seems to think I came from a place called Solace Bridge when I did not, yet the notes are in my inventory.... The guards name is stanley, and he says I already know edvard and if I wanted to meet him again I could go back to solace bridge. He also says that I am one of the survivors from the attack at solace bridge. All of these things are not true. Obviously this needs to be cleaned up.

2. Guard Stanley gives the same dialogue answer when asking him about "lord protector" and King Siranto.

3. NPCs walk away from you while you are in conversation mode with them.

4. The people of Soltown are missing names over their heads. At least the ones that actually have names. Edit: Apparently their names appear after I have talked to them. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional. My guess is its intentional. If so then ignore #4 . However, some are giving quests and still dont have a name.

5. One of the unamed travellers referred to the leader of ardoris as "shogun of Ardoris." So now he is a shogun as well as a king, and a lord protector. These people are confused about what world and culture they are in it seems...

6. When doing damage to a stag(deer) it made human grunting noises. But it made an animal noise when it died. Seems to be the case for the doe as well, only its female human grunting noises.

7. Well thats seems to be all the issues I could easily find in this town, apart from a lack of content and things to do. I saw some mention of a catacombs but I never found it. I began exploring the world map and looking into other places. Clicking on boats on the world map is bad because I dont see any quick way to get back to the world map, apart from exiting to menu, and those areas have nothing of interest to me.

8. When I finally went to solace bridge, I later discovered that the "bard" from blood river massacre, is actually Edvard. But he doesnt reveal his name to you there, and the only reason he is in solace bridge is to write songs about the dead. And thats it. Sending a note to soltown through you was just an after thought.

9. Solace Bridge. Yet again we have a completely solid defensive structure unbreached with fully functioning gates and somehow everyone is dead except for Edvard who conveniently is able to avoid the zombies because "they are too slow." The refugees in Soltown spoke of solace bridge as though it was a city. Its not. Its a bridgefort with very secure gates that no army of zombies and skeletons could ever breach in a million years. There are busted up walls but there is no explanation for how that could have even happened. And earthquake perhaps? I know the undead didnt do it. They couldnt possibly have done it.

10. Where did the undead hordes disappear to? There are a few zombies and skeletons in the area on their side of the bridge but thats it. If they had overrun solace bridge, wouldnt their next stop be soltown? Which is completely wide open with no defenses whatsoever? I checked all the surrounded zones. No undead army present. They just vanished into thin air. You know... when you tell a story like this, you need to add elements of reality to make the story credible. The story was totally believable, I just couldnt find anything to back it up. Is the undead army still under construction then? Or perhaps there is an explanation but I didnt find it.

So ends day 2 of my avatar adventure. I had heard about a place to the north where the undead hordes are pouring into the region from. I will search for it tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  2. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

@Lum the Mad
    The stand methodology for getting jacked up stuff fixed is to submit a bug report on what you find is wrong. Anyway, Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar! - it'll all start making sense someday.

V/R Brickbat

3. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

I agree, but this topic isnt about bugs. Any bugs I find I report to the proper forum.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

This is KINDA a bug, if you see @Teralitha Tokomi other posts, he started out in Blood River. Technically it is kinda a bug, but its really because they have not worked on the Blood River starting area and connected it to anything after.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The reason was written into your chat window while you were in Blood river.
    It stated that the game isn't finished and the path of truth is one of those parts, as such they send you on the path of love instead.
    You can even find parts of this in your journal (j) key to open.

Edward was the bard who opened the gate to let you out of the Bloodriver massacre. But he is also present in all three starting locations.

It is the same person, hence you get the same info.
    Confusing, but a common thing through history and today.

Bug. Usually this is individual so should be reported with name and location if one wants it fixed. To get your location click the bug report icon in upper right corner it will put some metadata into your clipboard.

By design.

King and Shogun is interchangeable.
    Here it is the backwater folks of rural Soltown which says King while when you get closer to Ardoris and the heartland of the perennial coast then Asian cultural references will be more common.

And again multiple titles are expected of nobility.
    Check out Lizzie
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_titles_and_honours_of_Queen_Elizabeth_II

6. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

1. I know the game isnt finished. The purpose of my post is to help them finish it by identifying issues I see as a player.

3. Well it seems that it is every NPC that isnt stationary leaves conversations. That isnt a bug to me, thats just AI scripting. They just need to be told to stop their AI wander mode when in conversations.

5. I dont agree with king and shogun being interchangable. And from what your telling me, that leaders actual title is Sirantis, Shogun of Adoris, city of Love. As someone who is new to the game, hearing 3 different titles referring to the same person seemed to me like inconsistent dialogue writing, especially since it was from NPC's in the same proximity who would likely all be using the same terminology for convenience.

These issues Im bringing to light are minor things, but necessary to polish up the game. The devs already have their "developer groups" for serious bug reporting.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  7. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

So ends day 2 of my avatar adventure. I had heard about a place to the north where the undead hordes are pouring into the region from. I will search for it tomorrow.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Re: catacombs in Soltown - visit the cemetary. There is also a quest associated with that place.

9. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

Found another dialogue issue in Soltown

11. Abigail asks me to keep an eye out for her daughter if I find myself in..... If I find myself where? In outer space? That bit of info is missing from abigails dialogue.

10. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Be sure to talk to all the NPCs in Soltown, especially the refugees in the tent city near the entrance. They give you several quests that will get you used to how the game works, plus a LOT of XP and gold. There are at least 5-6 decent, local quests in Soltown; you just have to find them. One of the quests will send you to the cemetary in Soltown, where you'll find the catacombs. The catacombs are optionsal, but good for adding XP.

I think the reason Siranto has 3 different titles is that they're in the process of changing that whole section of the map into an Asian-themed region. The "shogun" title is brand new, but it sounds like no one went through all the dialogue to update everything and make it consistant. Good catch.

11. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

The first thing I did was talk to every NPC in town. I have since located the catacombs while ago, thanks to Numa.

Numa likes this.
  12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

There is an option in the Game settings to automatically display Names over NPC heads instead of having to wait to actually meet them. There are some NPC's(in under-construction locations) that are yet to be given names.

13. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

I do not mind asking the npc's their names. Its should be required actually, unless of course the npc introduces themself first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.