1. Before posting any MODs, please contact us at support@portalarium.com to ensure your MOD is acceptable to the Terms of Service and EULA of the game. Portalarium is not responsible for use of MODs and possible adverse effects on your client or computer, and we may take action on accounts using MODs that are deemed illegal. Whether submitted here or elsewhere in the community, use MODs at your own risk!
    Dismiss Notice

Solutions to Puzzles & Treasure Hunts (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rinaldi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Avatar

Zone: Blood River Forrest
    Spoiler: Getting into the Well room under the pyramid & getting the Blessing of Invigoration

Under the pyramid, there are 5 totems. You must place 4 eye-gems into the central totem in order to get the central totem to spin. So, you need to find the 4 eye-gems first.

Emerald Eye
    From the Open Pit Copper Mine (Location: 284.0, 40.2, 437.1), run east and find the elevator that takes you down into the Underground Copper Mine (Location 463.0, 63.3, 421.4).
    Take elevator down into the mine. Search for the room with the wooden cart and the green glow, and find the Emerald Eye on the rocks (Location: 459.4, 4.9, 366.0).

[​IMG]

Citrine Eye
    In the Elven Fish Hatchery area, find the Fish Hatchery Smokehouse (Location:168.7, 34.7, 152.1). The citrine eye is on a table inside the smokehouse, with a note next to it.
    [​IMG]

Ruby Eye
    In the Eleven Fish Hatchery area, find the rectangular water tank that has some bubbles arising from the water and a red wheel valve next to it (Location 216.8, 30.7, 243.8).
    Turn the red wheel valve and the water tank will drain, revealing the ruby eye. Climb down the ladder to the bottom of the tank and grab the eye.

[​IMG]
    When the tank is drained, the ruby eye will be visible (see red arrow).
    [​IMG]

Amethyst Eye
    This Eye is in the caves under the Ancient Pyramid (Location 457.9, 28.6, 131.2), and is sitting on a stone pedestal. When you pick up the amethyst eye from the pedestal, nozzles in the hallways behind you will spray poison gas. However, you can turn off the poison gas: next to the altar with the amethyst, there is a skeleton and a sack on the ground. Grab the sack, put it in your inventory, and then click the pedestal (where the amethyst was) to place the sac on the pedestal. Weighing down the pedestal with the sack will turn off the poison gas nozzles.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Under the pyramid, you will find 5 totem poles that are next to a sealed door.
    [​IMG]

Above the sealed door, there is a plaque that states, "To enter, the old ones must see eye to eye."
    [​IMG]

The central totem will not rotate until the 4 eye-gems are placed into the totem. Click on the first (lowest) section of the central totem to place the missing amethyst eye into the stone face. Then, click on each of the remaining sections of the central totem to place the ruby, citrine, and emerald eyes.

Now, stand facing the sealed door, and spin each section of the central totem pole so that north facing side of the totem shows the eye pattern below (note: you be facing south, but you will looking at the north side of the central totem).

[​IMG]
    For the outer totems, the 1st and 2nd sections rotate together & the 3rd and 4th sections rotate together. Rotate the outer totems so the that eye gems on each outer column are directly in-line with the eye gems on the central column (the faces are "seeing eye to eye" as if they are looking in a mirror). Once you have lined up the eyes, the stone door will open and you can enter the inner chamber under the pyramid. Here is an example of how the eyes must mirror each other:
    [​IMG]

The inner chamber under the pyramid contains:
    1. A golden jaguar statue.
    2. A treasure chest.
    3. The Well of Invigoration (a waterfall into a sink hole)
    If you jump into the well, you will fall through into the Sinkhole Chamber, which is in the Underground Copper Mine where you found the emerald eye. Also, jumping into the well gives you the Blessing of Invigoration (+10 healing modifier for 3 days: increases heals & regeneration by 10% and reduces healing debuffs by 10%).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Avatar

Zone: South Boundless Forest
    Spoiler: Solving the totem puzzle & Getting the Blessing of the Tamer

In the caves, there are ancient paintings that provide the clues needed to solve the puzzle.
    The key painting is shown below (Location 52.3, 48.6, -287.4):

[​IMG]

In SOTA, the sun rises in the East. In this case, the sun symbol in the painting above represents the direction of the sunrise (East), and the hands indicate the other 3 cardinal directions. This is shown in the diagram below, with the appropriate symbol matched with each direction.
    [​IMG]

In the remaining paintings, there is an animal and a symbol (a hand or sun). Match the symbol in the painting to the direction above, and that will be the direction for that animal. An example for the Boar is shown below (the direction for the Boar is North):
    [​IMG]

Once the paintings have been deciphered, you will have this information:
    boar - north
    wolf - south
    stag - east
    bear - west

To complete the puzzle, you must find 4 totems and rotate them so that they face the proper direction. The four totems correspond to the 4 animals depicted in the cave paintings. So, when you find each totem, rotate it so that it faces the direction that you deciphered from the paintings.

Boar totem (location -262.4, 39.1, -168.5) - make it face NORTH
    Wolf totem (location 157.8, 32.1, 129.2) - make it face SOUTH
    Stag Totem (location 188.4, 64.0, -168.1) - make it face EAST
    Bear totem (location -82.6, 37.4, 381.7) - make it face WEST

Note: the animals that inhabit the area around a totem are the same as the animal depicted on the totem. For example, if you see bears roaming around, you are close to the Bear totem.

Before you solve the puzzle, the doorway below (which is in the caves with the paintings, location: 96.1, 38.5, -340.9) is blocked by roots.
    [​IMG]

Once you have rotated all 4 totems into the proper orientation, the roots will disappear and you can enter the hidden cave. Inside you will find a treasure chest, a spriggan idol, and an aura. When you enter the aura, you will receive the Blessing of the Tamer (adds 10 levels to your pet).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Avatar

Hello everyone.
    See the first post in this thread for a complied list of all the puzzles (and links to the solutions).
    The list now contains a specific section that lists only the blessings (including where to find them and how to get them).
    So, no need to search through the long puzzle list to find the blessing you need!

CatherineRose, Spoon and Rentier like this.
  4. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

Write up of how to solve the puzzle (with explanation) here:
    [​IMG]

Rinaldi, CatherineRose, Mac2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Blackblade Foothills
    Getting to the top of the mesas

So solution to get there involve getting jump boost using tornado? I spent almost entire hour trying to achieve that and just could not. Never worked for me.
    So I would just like to propose this MUCH simpler alternative to be added to that solution that I found while slowly loosing my sanity trying to make that tornado jump!

[​IMG]

You just just jump on this rock nearest to the ladder and climb the ladder from there! It's pretty much right across the rock you suppose to make that tornado jump from!

While I bet making that tornado jump would be more fun...I really could not do it no matter how many times I tried.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    shathiell and Rentier like this.
  6. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

the totem is not interactable. it will not allow me to insert the Eyes into it.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Only the middle one takes the gems. All you do is click on each one and if you have the gem on you, you will see a message in chat window that you used it.

Not sure, but I think you have to start with the one on the bottom first.