Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some decoration feedback

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Athanil, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Hello everyone,

While decorating isn't the most important feature at the moment, i still wanted to put this out there and find out other peoples thoughts about this.

So, decorating.. I must say it's great to see more and more people playing around with decorations. Be it decorating a house, making a shop or creating a arena. Even with some annoying bugs you guys are doing a great job. Towns look a lot better now then earlier releases and i want to thank you guys for your efforts in that.

This will be a compilation of several bugs/ glitches and my current thoughts and ideas for decoration. If i were you i would run away from this wall of text..;) but! There will be pictures as well :)

The latest bug is probably caused by the transition to unity 5. It's a collision bug that doesn't let you place items near each other. This example shows trunks, but it's the same for every item you can place down.

[​IMG]

Another rather annoying bug? is that some lots have areas where items fall through the ground. This is a rather ugly bug for people that like to decorate without having a house present.

[​IMG]
    As you can see, creating any structure with this bug present will fail. And some of us like to play with blocks..err trunks.
    [​IMG]

There are some older bugs still around as well.

Placing more lights on a lot then should be possible for example, or the other way around. You can only place a couple of lights on a lot while you have yet to reach the light limit.

Another one is where items suddenly seem to be moved. Rugs are out of line, trunks are suddenly turned the wrong way, stuff like that. This happens after you re-log or zone in from another area. Not a lot, but it can happen.

I'm sure there are more bugs out there that are related to decoration, but i am ending it here. Feel free to add your own bugs below.

Now for some of my own thoughts about some decoration topics. Some related to r15, some not.

- Item limit
    - More items
    - The cost of creating some items.

Item limit:

I understand why it's here, since even now it can take a few seconds for all items to load properly. But that doesn't mean i have to like it. Especially not as a decorator. Usually i run into the item limit pretty fast. So fast that often i have to skip on some details.

The best example is the wedding lot we did last release. While it looked great, we weren't done yet! What i would like to see is that small items like spoons and apples do not count as 1 whole item. If they only would count as half a item most peoples problems with the item limit would be solved. Likewise, really large items like fountains could cost more then one item point.

More items:

With the "loss" of pledge items as decorations we can buy, our options of what items we can use have been severely limited these last few releases. Give us more please! :D

The cost of creating some items:

The cost to create some items is at times very high. Take a bunk bed for example, it requires a insane amount of raw materials before you can craft one. While i understand that these items should be hard to make, it's a bit much compared to certain other items. Cabinets are much easier to make then beds for some reason. Seems that anything that requires cotton needs a lot of materials.

While i know this is a balancing issue, for decorating i hope that this gets a bit more balanced soon. Especially with all the crafting skills that are getting added.

I'm going to keep it at this for now. Feel free to add your own ideas, bugs and anything you can come up with that is decoration related as well.

Ath.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree with what you say. I like to think the team is watching the decorating a bit to see how many items are involved in making a house fully decorated and fun to do. I was amazed at how many items it took to decorate my house and I still can do more. So far I haven't
    reached any limits except on lights in other releases not this one. I want us to have a very workable limit if we have to have a limit on items placed.

I know more is coming on this and that decorating a house is really an important feature in this game for many people.
    Hopefully soon we will get our items locked down when placed or some iteration of that so we are not constantly messing up our homes moving a rug when walking into a room.;)

3. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Basements have a very high limit, both for items and for lights. It's nice to decorate something like that. Though it takes ages to finish. ;)

I'm tiptoeing around any house i decorate. A item lock down would be nice yes.

4. Net

Net Avatar

There are few more bugs with various lots:

Some lots have plants on them, especially along lot borders which do not allow you to place anything there... bad if you are trying to make nice fence around your lot...
    Some lots have holes in them...

Arianna, Gaelis and Athanil like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Bug Forum for BUGS, they have already made a comment about most of these on the House Deco Thread.

6. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Its not about bugs only...and there are miles and miles threads about everything, can't see a problem to have this one for feedback on decoration.

Thanks Athanil

7. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

This is not the feedback i am looking for. :p

Leos and Musaab Osman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.