Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some NPCs dont react when attacked

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Same as last time. Some monsters just sit there and take it when attacked.

Only see it happening with individual creatures tho. Not entire scenes

Tessa Jane likes this.
  2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

It seems those new node proctors are just bound to the harvesting node, but don't react to anything.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Sindariya @EMPstrike
    Do we have /bug examples of specific locations you're observing this at? Thanks for reporting.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I found it on my lunch break and reported it from my phone at work. I'll /bug it when i see it again if someone else doesnt first

But yes, the ones i saw were all right next to resource nodes

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

2/25/2016 5:54 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: So far ive seen 4 NPCs do this. 1 timebr wolf near a tree node, one red spider near a crystal node, and this particualr location was a elder wolf right next to a tree node.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8) System RAM: 8170
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M GPU RAM: 1996
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.382.Date.02.25.16
    Area: Novia_R5_Encounter_Plains02_05
    Loc: (22.3, 34.4, -44.8)

6. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I saw it yesterday with the bears at the cave den in East Perennial Trail. It might be used to exploit skill gain (if that's even an issue with how the pooled xp works), which is how I noticed it because I was trying to level Animal Charm and Root at the time so I wasn't shooting stuff down quickly so it was pretty obvious when stuff wanted to just stand there and not do anything when being hit.

But I'm new and never used Animal Charm before so I didn't know how it was supposed to work to know what/if to report. Almost all the animals seemed weird when I charmed them, and I'd lose the ability to attack them until the charm wore off, and sometimes they'd just stop attacking and wander away in the middle of a fight even when not charmed, but those particular bears were different because they didn't move from their location while being attacked. Since I was a ranger though, I didn't move into melee range with them to see if they became aggressive within reach. And it wasn't all the bears that spawned there that it happened with, but the ones it did happen with were all in that location.

Hopefully that's helpful. Like I said, I'm new so I haven't figured out all normal mechanics yet to know for sure what the deviations are. Feel free to delete if it's not useful info.

EDIT: Appending to clarify that all the weirdness I saw was specific to just the animals. I was grinding in East Perennial Trail for a few hours to level up skills and did not see any of those problems with the humanoids or undead. But since I was using Charm Animal, I was also doing something different with the animals than the other mobs, too.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  7. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

I found the problem. The fix will be in the patch for Monday morning. Thanks for the report.

Attenwood and Tessa Jane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.