Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some Suggestion for the stacking of skill cards

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by TeddyMIT, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

Currently, when we stack five skill cards together, we can have 33% boost in power and reduced focus cost.
    [​IMG]

My suggestion for example, the ice arrow, I think when we have five skill cards stacked together and is casting.
    we can either have five ice arrows attacking the same target at once or we can have five ice arrows attacking five different targets at the same time.
    And the focus cost can be set to five times or more than one usual ice arrow skill focus cost.
    I hope the developers can take this suggestion into consideration.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    For skill cards that have area effects, it can be either attacking the same area five times or attacking five different areas at once.
    And for Blade Weapon Double Slash skill card, when it is stacked five times.
    we can either change the skill effect into area attack or attack the same target for 10 times.

mike11 and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

To what end? I guess that might look cool if we wanted the game to have an Anime feel to it, but such a change would require a complete re-working of HP, Damage, and Focus calculations.

I like the current stacking system. It WOULD be cool if there were a way to visually implement the stacking, but just making it multi-attack seems like too much.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I would prefer to have no stacking, stacking is really annoying to me and leads to carpel tunnel lol. I need to figure out how to stack with a mouse (Logitech) macro if that is even legal.... but its either my wrists or a macro lol.

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

How would you suggest that the player tell the computer which attack pattern they want to execute?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I would like to see an increase in hit chance when we stack. It seems the higher a stack I get in a melee skill the greater chance I have to miss. Ive pretty much given up stacking.

Innascual Inch and mike11 like this.
  6. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

It might be neat if the spells visual effects got greater the more we stacked. That seems "simple" to implement, even though the visual effects person would have more work to do :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    mike11 likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume that you're taking about the visual effects.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  8. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

To Lifedragn:
    I think my idea is that there is no need to adjust the balance,because...
    1. This function is only available when the skills are stacked to 5.
    2. My idea is whether to attack five times or range attacks, cost quintuple of the focus than the original skills.
    3.Whether it is a multi-segment attack or range attack, each injury is calculated independently.
    Under these restrictions,Players get only one benefit.
    That is the same chant time can be issued five skills.
    I think it is reasonable to balance the design.

To 2112Starman:
    In fact, I do not like the current stacking system.
    If there is an automatic stacking feature I believe I will be more willing to use it.
    My idea is to make this feature not just a unique selling points.

To Gix:
    If I have two choices
    1. like combo, give a page so that players free to choose to use 5 attacks or range of attacks.
    2. With the combo method, by the official creation of new skills or magic combination.

I personally prefer the former, the latter just let more players feel trouble

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  9. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Without a doubt, I think (for example) 5 hits would be a better system than what we have now. I highly doubt multi-targeting would be possible granted the timeline for the game, but maybe some specific abilities could change properties, like from single target to multi-target because of large stacks.

I don't currently think the benefit to stack vs reward is at all fun or effective in it's current implementation.
    I think the 'how' of stacking should be looked at too.. I like the idea of not autostack, but something that just makes the randomness of deals more fun, and for combat to feel like it was worth it to get stacks or rare combinations...
    I still think discard should be worth something, too. More justification to the 'playing' of the deck and dealing IMHO..

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I remember Chris mentioning in some telethon that ever since they changed to a free targeting system there were plans to put in "wave" attacks, like "Fire Wave", that would spread out an attack among multiple targets like this. But I believe the idea was that it would be a new skill.

It would be interesting if you could alternatively combo through stacking to do the skill. Way back a long time ago, I suggested that you be able to stack Gust into a "Great Gust" combo that would blow back a range of enemies at once. Would be useful. Its only really applicable for magic skills, though, in this form, since you can't really spread out a stack of Double Slash attacks.

I'd also like to see magic skills be able to combo with certain attacks to spread out the effects. So, for instance, a combo between Gust and Whirling Blades, to spread out the Gust to all enemies in a circle around you. Whirling Blades with an ice type attack like shown would spread out the ice attack to all enemies in a circle around you.

TeddyMIT likes this.
  11. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Stacking and making combos in this game is an very annoying game mechanic.
    I am not an clicker, so i have zero problems to stack stuff very quickly, but still, it's just annoying.

Way to often i have to look at the stupid combat bar instead at the game (center) because of the stacking crap.

May sound harsh, sorry for this, but that's how i feel about it every single time i do some combat.

12. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

In fact, I also think that the current stack is a rubbish.
    Although this is an innovation, but innovation should not cause players troubled.
    Players have often proposed to amend this part of the problem when DEV version.
    I also suggested that the official can provide automatic stacking function.
    Unfortunately, there is no official adoption,Some players think that I am promoting the use of robots.
    But this feature is not improved so far and the biggest problem : players must stay on the bar for a long time.
    I think the official if you do not intend to provide automatic stacking...I personally hold respect.
    But I hope to provide more game modes allow players willing to use the stack.
    Rather than just now "innovation" can praise it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.