Some Suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by benhat, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhat

benhat Avatar

Hi,

here is a list of some small suggestions i have for the game.

Second Targetframe for friendly target
    Currently we have one frame that toggles between enemy and selected friendly (for heals) targets. Would be much more convinient for players if we had two frames, one for each, in my eyes. And for UI design overall makes sense.

Hide Items in Bags in Inventory at Vendor
    Basically there are two things that don't work well together. For one you can not lock items in bags, only in the root of your inventory. So i can't simply use my character inventory to work around this. Second everything in bags is shown at a vendor too, mixing it all together. And people use bags to sort their character inventory.
    In the end i want to be able to have a nice filtered view at the vendor to sell things without the hassle it is now.
    I would suggest a simple filter button at the vendor window to toggle bag content on/off.
    The thing with locking in bags would be nice to have too, on a sidenote.

RIGHT ALT (bug?)
    I am playing on TZUH movement keys for example. Using the ALT GR (right one) key as modifier instead of SHIFT which WASD players are using mostly. If i bind ALT in keybinds it shows, but as LEFT ALT. but even that is not working. Instead SHIFT is working. Pretty confusing to begin with. So something messed up here anyway.
    I would be thankful if you could take a look and make RIGHT ALT usable.

Further Titles after Grandmaster
    We have Level 100 with GM. With people running endless experience farms and slowly but surely mainstreaming skill levels that go into the 120-150, why not make further "stepping stones" above GM? I would even go as far as thinking about new effects for those titles, like the "improved skill leveling speed for other players with GM". Could be something simple like beeing able to buy skills at those players instead of at NPC trainers. Or go further and give non game balance influencing bonus effects. Also it should not make people need to get those levels of course.

Gathering Failures
    For anything other than Gathering i understand consistend failures. But for gathering it just feels wrong. More so it can be really frustrating to players in my eyes. I will give you an example: I myself was logging into the game a while ago for the first time after a few months break, started gathering and had 3 failures in a row with 90%+ chance. It just does not feel fun, quite the opposite. So i quit the game and did other things with "my time", instead of standing 2 minutes in front of a bush in a computergame without success that depends on randomization. I am beeing blunt and honest here to make my point.
    My suggestion would be an increased curved success chance the more often you have to gather a node. That way you get some sense of progression, and maybe can even laugh at a 99% fail.

Fake Shadows and Reflective Lighting
    The fake shadows in the game are in my eyes to deep, and the game would look a lot better with more subtle fake shadows. Most noticeable on stone pavers or stone walls.
    Stone walls are also a good example for the reflective lighting (is it?) that is producing an overblown blueish highlighting effect. Is this intentional? Seems to me there is need for balancing or the value is just too high?
    Just my simpleton observations.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    majoria70, Cyin and Synergy Blaize like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.