1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Songs and Books sold

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Chrystoph Reis, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Okay this has been brought up many time before

When we sell a book or song can we please for the love of god, note what book or song we sold on the receipt?

AND can we copy published songs on the press? Please?!

Tiina Onir, Net, Sarek and 5 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I brought it up with team, so hopefully you get some nibbles. In the meantime, I recommend either selling certain books in different towns or having slight price variances so you'll know which book it was based on the price. Not sure if anyone else have come up with little work arounds until we get to a round of vendor sales lovin.

shadowvice, Wilfred and Net like this.
  3. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

Bumping this so it's not forgotten!!

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well to be specific if anyone can just copy our songs what value is that? These are our personal files downloaded by us.

Fine if there is a way to make more copies while we are creating the sheet music but otherwise copying sheet music gets a big no vote from me. Does that not make sense? Please don't let this happen.

I also would love our sales receipts to say the name of a song or book that was sold.

Trezir Pyle and Fetid SirDidy like this.
  5. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

Yeah I couldn't remember which thing I sold from my vendor. Should this be a bug?

6. Trezir Pyle

Trezir Pyle Avatar

Marjoria70, it makes perfect sense to me. There's a LOT of reasons why published sheet music should remain as it is. Most common reasons, the music is not ours to copy. Majority of us find the midi files on the internet then convert to .ABC format. None of those people, those that wrote the original music, performed the music, converted the music to Midi are not given credit for their work. Not to mention those that do create their own music might want to control how many copies of a particular song is out there.

If you want 20 copies of a particular song, contact the person who published the song, they might work with you on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.