SotA Con - Baltimore Detailed Info 4-6 Nov and Beyond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violation Clauth, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

You basically get $5 off the normal price, get a bunch of cool trinkets, get to sit with the group, and we'd love to have you with us. You're welcome to do what you want but we worked this price down and there's a good chance if we sell enough tickets we'll get upgraded from Celebration to Kings package based on what Eternal Knight was telling me...

Time Lord, Verit and Tahru like this.
  2. Verit

Verit Avatar

Ok, perfect.
    This is going to be awesome!

Time Lord, Tahru and Violation Clauth like this.
  3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Heck yeah! :D

Time Lord, Tahru and Verit like this.
  4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

So if I understand correctly, we need to go to the link above and purchase our dinner tickets there? It's showing as $63.14 with the fee. Did you say it could be less if more people purchase? How will that work?

Edit: I think I answered my own question. You are purchasing the Celebration package at a group rate and we pay for it via the SotA Con Registration page. And if we get enough people to sign up, we'll get upgraded to the King's package. I didn't find the link to the dinner theater website to see the packages so I looked it up. The Celebration package sounds way cool. The King's package sounds WAY cool! :)

Edit2: I purchased my ticket and entered in my badge information and once again, in the confirmation window, it doesn't show the third line of the badge which is my guild info.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Sean Silverfoot and Time Lord like this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

@Eternal Knight please take this request about the dinner. Thanks!

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'm definitely going to the tournament (In fact I'm going to go to every damn event there is there). so do we pay for the tickets at the Medieval Times, or are we going to take names of people who want to attend and then purchase it as a party???

Purchase as a party or not it's gonna be party time anyway. Giggles without the shits though.

Time Lord and Verit like this.
  7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

If you go to the link above you will see this:

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

There are tickets to the show and there are sota con tickets... if you look at the registration page they're both available. I also have explicit details that buying the tournament dinner does not grant you access to sota con.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps! (we're selling them at cost + transaction fees btw)

Sean Silverfoot, Tahru, Verit and 3 others like this.
  9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Thank you... I went to the site and I did not see the add on thing there. I don't know how I could have missed that addon. thank you.

10. Eternal Knight

Eternal Knight Avatar

Just a clarification. We won't be actually getting 'upgraded' to a different package but depending on our size, we could end up sitting in the first couple rows of a section.
    I am working with Medieval Times on potential places to sit but this won't be confirmed until we have our finalized numbers.
    If we have more people, that gives us a better chance to grab a good section in the first couple of rows.

Our price per ticket won't change with our size as we are already getting a discount from Medieval Times.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Sean Silverfoot, Tahru, Verit and 2 others like this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I got a dinner ticket too. But I am a little concerned that people are going to miss these instructions. I just happened to be subscribed to this thread.

StevieD, Verit and Time Lord like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

same here, AND eventhough I am subscribed I still missed the portion at the bottom that said I need to buy the dinner ticket. I was clearly not reading all the details or I was stuipified by the music I was listening to (I think it was a whitezombie song I haven't heard in 20 years)... I cannot think of any other excuse I like... in anycase this probably needs to be sent out as an email or whatever.

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Great news guys! @Lord British is confirmed for the tournament dinner! :) See you guys there!

Time Lord, Lesni, StevieD and 3 others like this.
  14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Update on registrations: no new attendee ticket sales in the last week. No new hotel rentals. We could use as many attendees as possible to make this great! If you have a concern please contact us and we'll try to work it out! We still have 105 tickets available. We need another 47 nights to complete our contract (that's 27 rooms until sold out!) http://east.sotacon.org/register ... Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, one of the VIPs split their ticket to 2 lower tickets and another person upgraded their ticket to VIP so there are only 105 tickets left.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Time Lord, StevieD and Tahru like this.
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

@Violation Clauth , if we need 27 more rooms, how come folks had issues with getting them/ Or were there only so many at the discounted rate? Had to ask.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Because Thursday sold out... I had more rooms for Friday and Saturday because the convention is for Friday/Saturday/Sunday so the hotel gave us more on Thursday to help for those who were wanting to come in a day early.

edit: to be clear... coming in on Thursday and helping setup and socializing IS NOT a bad thing... it just wasn't expected... I thought I'd have to do most of it myself. REALLY grateful that we had 10 people all get rooms for Thursday so far! :D

Acred, Time Lord, StevieD and 3 others like this.
  17. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I'm all set.
    My son and I will be there and at the dinner.
    Looking forward to the event.

Hope to see a lot of faces to put with avatars.

Rhiannon, Verit, StevieD and 3 others like this.
  18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I've seen several people asking for key links that this th read has in the OP so I figured I'd bump it and quote them...

I also wanted to update people on cloak numbers... as of right now it appears that the total number of donations that have been sent that I'm forwarding to Portalarium that qualify for a cloak are up to 117 as of 23-Oct-2016 @ 20:03 Eastern (I can't say for sure that all 117 will be awarded as I can't confirm that everyone has a valid game account!)

This is a combination of the tickets and the cloak purchases.

I'm also adding the cloak news article to the helpful links now :)

Cheers!

Verit, Rhiannon, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.