SotA mobile version request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodchuck, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Has the improvements actual made a difference and stop the game from turning my laptop with integrated video into the world’s most expensive George Foreman Grill?

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

They could still make the UI touch-ready, so it would work for instance on tablets/convertibles without key or mouse input.

Woodchuck and Kaffien like this.
  3. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Please don't do this, if I used my Samsung DeX to play I'd never get any work done.

Woodchuck likes this.
  4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

I could see mobile for vendor and mail management. Maybe even the social aspect for say guild chat or just chatting with people in game.

Personally I'd much rather see this go the VR route. Keep mobile simple, polish what we have and go the way of the future in VR.

5. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I'd like a mobile app that let me read whatever books I had in my character's inventory. I like in game books but while I'm playing I generally don't want to sit there and read them. If they exposed them in an API, I'd consider writing that app.

6. Womby

Womby Avatar

Games as a service (like Netflix, but for games) will arrive over the next five years. That makes specific porting to mobiles, tablets, browsers, etc. unnecessary. It involves streaming the game to any device that can handle a video stream, with user input going back to a virtual PC hosted in some remote location. There have been some startups that tried this, but the technology wasn't quite there yet. Now Google, Nvidia and others are very serious about entering the field. Nvidia in particular has a successful trial underway. The business model will be subscription based.

Changes required from Portalarium would include a complete redesign of their NPC questing user interface to substitute a multiple choice selection to replace the current arbitrary text input (what they should have done in the first place if they ever had touchscreen input in mind as a future option), and touchscreen alternatives to various key bindings.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Woodchuck likes this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The NPCs have clickable keywords - typing is more fun but not mandatory

3devious and Woodchuck like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Avatar

I was thinking, why not create a free to play mobile app not directly integrated to SOTA? It can be a simple fun to play game with a strong linear narrative.
    Perhaps 3 storylines , where you play Dupre (fighter), Fitzowen (ranger) or Ariel (mage). You can learn more about the companions while you play.

The game could bring you through various scenes in Novia, like Hilt fortress, Rise, Fall, the various passes etc....

I am pretty sure there are many talented developers among SOTA players, perhaps a call for one of them to collaborate with Richard on creating this simple game?
    It should be a simple game with a simple mechanics, addictive, and most importantly free to play. I am sure Port can reward the player with high value in game rewards (City/Keep/Castle deed?) and ONBE?

Main idea of this app is to generate an interest in this title. Perhaps like the meretz app, the points earned can redeem in game items, like COTOs. (Or maybe, You've earned enough points to redeem the game!)
    Again, it must be a simple, addictive, quick and inexpensive to develop app which is totally FREE TO PLAY.

9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

At first, I sort of rolled my eyes at this thread, but THIS is a really good post, with some realistic, achievable things that could actually be created. Some really nice ideas here.

3devious and Woodchuck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.