Soyuz - The Southern Star

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

That would indeed work,...but it would also cause additional draw-calls, due to the separate texture/material that would be required (specifically two; one for the "standard" star field, and one for the constellation overlay), which they won't allow us to do, because we're already at our maximum for the sky in general... However, adding a single bright star on the standard star-field (a material called "space" I believe) may be possible, as long as I don't get too close to a UV-coordinate "edge", or the "point" of the exact south vertex... I'd have to experiment when I get the chance, and make sure Richard's OK with adding such a thing... (he's very picky about what goes in the sky...heh!)...

Scottie ^_^

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

When I travelled to Bali, I seem to recall them mentioning navigation in the southern hemisphere using a set of stars called the "Southern Cross"....

Scottie ^_^

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ah well with additional performance improvements what's 2 additional draw calls? ;)

If Richard needs convincing you can tell him the Soyuz has already been part of NB heraldry for the past 2+ years. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.