Spellweaving / Combos

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Hobsig, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobsig

Hobsig Avatar

Hi all,

My friend and me have problems understanding Spellweaving /Combos.

For example Bludgeon:

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Spellweaving#Bludgeon

So i put both spells Knockback + Body Slam into my deck and in the combat-slot 1.
    Both spells came up during fight, but where is the Titan Smash ?

Is it random ?
    Invisible stack from both spells ?

Any help is welcome,
    Ty and cya in Sota :)

majoria70 and Black Tortoise like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hello, @Hobsig

here is some of the relevant text from the link in the post above:

Combo Glyphs
    The Combo Glyph system allows two Glyphs to be combined during combat into a potentially more powerful Glyph. Combining Glyphs is also called “stacking.”

There are two types of Glyph combos. The first are unique combos, where two different Glyphs are combined into a new Glyph for a skill not otherwise available. These unique combination Glyphs often have the effects of both skills used to create them. They cannot be learned as normal skills, and can only be used by combining Glyphs. Check the Combo tab of the Glyphs panel for more details.

Second, two Glyphs of the same skill can be combined into into a more powerful and efficient Glyph of the same type.

Benefits of Glyph combos include decreased Focus cost, additional damage, and more. As many copies of a Glyph as you have in your deck can be combined into a single Glyph, and the stacked Glyph becomes more powerful with every copy combined.

Glyphs can be combined by dragging and dropping compatible Glyphs onto one another with the Left Mouse Button, or by hitting the R key and hitting the hotkeys for the two Glyphs you wish to combine. Locked Glyphs can be used to create combos by combining them with Glyphs drawn from a deck.

Combo Glyphs may be discarded and will eventually expire like normal Glyphs. However, locked Glyphs can be “powered up.” Pressing and holding, or clicking and holding, a locked skill’s Glyph will charge it up and give it the same results as stacking.

Here is a video of using the mouse to stack glyphs to make combos.

Here is a video of using the keyboard to stack glyphs to make combos.

Another video showing both methods

Dryxaline, Lugonal, Kyosa and 2 others like this.
  4. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

thanks a lot :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.