"Starting Areas"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by troymac, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troymac

troymac Avatar

Ok I understand there aren't any really...but every place the creatures are either orange or red...I cant kill any of them....any suggestions..stand at a dummy for a few weeks and swing at it ? When I first played this there was a starter area of sorts.....but now everything is new to me.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

which was your starting area/path?

troymac and Time Lord like this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Troymac and welcome. You have to look at the skeletons on the posts. you will want 1 or 2 skull areas at the most. I am Majoria in game I would be happy to help or answer questions.

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Don't worry man, it wasn't just you that felt this way. You sound almost exactly like me about 3 weeks ago! In any event, it sounds like you started with the "Truth" side which.. yea, not ideal in the slightest.

The ideal starting area right now is the "Love" path which is the in the bottom right corner of the map, you'll see two cities named Ardoris and Soltown to know you're in the right area. "Courage" isn't bad either, but "Love" has the true starting area for low level w/ a ton of quests to boost your level up and stock up your adventure experience pool.

My advice naturally is to head towards Soltown but go North of it to the Bridge and the nearby outskirts. The outskirts look like a bonfire on the world map. These Outskirts are the best starting area in the game at the moment. To get to Soltown you will want to swing all the way South-South West of Brightbone Pass and run through a little gap in the mountains to reach that isolated southwest region. It is suicide to try to use the "Pass" giant gates at your level.

troymac, Mortanius, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  6. troymac

troymac Avatar

Thanks all for the advise !!!!
    I started out near Resolute...Highvale I think...and Im not sure how I ended up there..what discussion took me on that path...
    Anyhow my issue is this....I have about 47k in my crafting XP pool and only about 5k in combat...Ive been reading where most people only train 2 or just 1 combat skill at a time....I have "swords" to about 66 and the second level stuff to the high 30's ...tactics and strength are both in the 40's I think and I have 44 in earth the "fist punch" thing and the strength "buff".I have low 30s shield and the some other defensive tree...I guess I should turn them all down and only focus on 1 ? Its only my 3rd day playing..

Ill look for Soltown as of now Im "blocked" in by the passes though one quest line got me through one...a I run through most and die then run as a ghost to the other end and rez....IKR...

I wont bring up any of the quest issues/bugs as I think most of that stuff has already been covered by others...

Again thanks all for the reply's and advice...

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

don't forget the lunar rifts in the starting areas all connect to one another. you can get across the continent without taking a pass.

Time Lord and troymac like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.