Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Steam Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Miganarchine, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Steam works great for SotA! For those of you having problems most of them spawn from the game not actually being listed on the store yet. So after the early access release most of these problems will be fixed.

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I appreciate Steam trying to have a higher security process, but I get burned by this all the time. I have a strict mail server and these are usually blocked because they come out of a bulk mailing host and thus come from a different IP block every time they are sent. As such, I avoid using Steam in a web browser as much as possible.

I believe you can turn off Steam Guard. This should be in the settings in your Steam Client, but I am not sure what ramifications this might have on Steam features.

You will want to doublecheck the email you are using and make sure nothing is blocking these messages. They will definitely be detected as spam if you have not whitelisted them, and if they are completely blocked then Steam may not send future emails. If you haven't already done so I would contact Steam support about it, or just restrict yourself to using Steam through the client rather than the web browser.

I even use the Android steam client so I never have to access Steam via a web browser at all. However, SOTA doesn't give you steam key to use in the client, so opening it in at least one browser is necessary to authorize it on your account. Definitely not my favorite way to activate a product on Steam because of the Steam Guard issues. :(

Abydos likes this.
  3. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I couldn't be happier that they decided to distribute through steam as well. The biggest benefit to me has been the speed in which I can get a full copy of the game up and running.

Montaigne likes this.
  4. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

With the Steam Support, I was successful linked my 2 account. Good new !

Umbrae likes this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

You don't have to log in to Steam to play. Just navigate to the SotA folder in your steam directory and run the executable directly.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.