Steam percentage question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay, lol. Bye bye then. See you around.

Btw, in 5 years who knows what games will be coming out or what life will be like. It will be 2024 :)

This is my 5th year playing. I started playing in July 2014. Off and On. So if I'd listened to all the folks with uh, "no hope" attitudes I wouldn't have even had the experience in the game I did, and am, having now.

It's really silly when you think about it like that, that there are people that actively log on to a games forums and try to discourage people not to even attempt playing because they think the game won't be around in a long long time.....

2. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Hi, i'm one of those 125M Steam Users. I play sota with steam client and I am counted into steamcharts.
    For personal experience I'd say the majority play via direct client. All my friends play with Port client
    Many slow connections players prefear the game client for a faster and direct management of updates and game client. These are not shown and never been comunicated directly by the staff. (For obvious reasons).
    I'd say 1000 ish concurrent players are online, being split into timezones/daily offwork time schedules etc.

Your points are valid but you won't find anything constructive here on forums.
    RMTs wont tell you anything real beyond their interests. Many long time players are blindly hooked inside the game with barely constructive feedbacks and sometimes mean behaviohr against valid questions/situations.
    There are more topics regarding decos and fishes than game desync/lag/delays/forgotten features/bugs/router chokes and so on.
    White knights/trolls zone
    Give the game a try, find some people to play with (same purposes and intentions). Enjoy it and after a few days draw a line.

Beside SeedInvest, don't consider gaming/store purchases as investments. You cannot consider gaming as investment. Time and effort put into a game have to give you back fun.
    Team is really focused on project lately, give them a chance without a large money footprint in the store so you don't have bucks regrets beside time involved in the game

I'd say anything beyond this tbh
    Salute

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Addison, FruityTooty and Feeyo like this.
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I play when I have time. Usually I'm doing a couple things at the same time while playing. RL you know :)

I have steam however not for SOTA. Don't need it. Don't want it. Works great for the most part on Linux so I'm happy.

Been here since R1. The game has improve dramatically over the last several years. I wouldn't worry about it. My Taverns have vacancies and I'm ready to help players get a room and begin the adventure!

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I use to play with Steam but switched to the Launcher as it seemed much better and quicker to patch. That said the ratio of steam vs actual can be roughly calculated based on twitch subs. We start with roughly $16k every twitch monthly start. That would mean at $9/account around 1777 subscribers. if steam is only 200 of that you can get a good sense of the difference. Keep in mind on top of that there are a lot that done sub as well. Just some basic metrics from what I have seen.

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  5. GROKling

GROKling Avatar

I'm an avid Steam user but bought sota outside of Steam and never felt compelled to link it to my Steam account. Been playing since Oct and have enjoyed the ever evolving game and the overall online positive community. Spent 10 years playing another little known MMO called Darkfal thru all of its ups, downs, deaths and rebirths, and I can see myself playing this one for just as long.

6. Katu

Katu Avatar

Also, remember, that those steam stats show concurrent users, ie. Count of players online at the same time. So steam active player count is somewhere between 2x-3x from those numbers ( estimating huge 8-12h login times for everyone.. )
    Edit: subs are sometimes done by one player for multiple accounts

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I am one of those that started off with steam as all the games I play run through it, and after a while, switched over to the standalone client. I've been playing this game for almost 3 years now, so I think in terms of investment, I'm way past the time I've spent on most big MMO's I''ve possibly dumped a bit of money on, so yes, SOTA has been worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.