Steam Sale--OK, I'm in. Just one question.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by rolluf, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolluf

rolluf Avatar

Saw the steam sale, decided that at the price of $20, this game was certainly worth it just for the amount of stuff to do, and the amount of stuff that may come in the future.

I don't really have any plans to do housing; I may try some minimal crafting; but mainly I just want to run around the world, exploring and doing virtue-type stuff, kind of like U4-U6. If you think about it, the game is a lot like the Ultima 4 experience: walk around an overworld map, enter an instance (city or dungeon) to do quests or talk to folk, then back to the overworld map.

I really just want to know one thing:
    Are Julia, Katrina, and the rest of the old gang around? Can they join in way? Are any romanceable? Part of the fun in the older games for me was scouring the world, trying to get the band back together, so to speak.

Cordelayne and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Copyright restrictions have ensured that there is a limit to any similarity between SotA and the Ultima games. Nevertheless, there should be a lot that feels familiar.

Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

if i understand you right @rolluf you want companions?
    they are announced but afaik not yet available for and only for offline mode.

what i heard is, spent a coin to beggars increases your courage and say your name to anyone (NPC) increases your truth virtue.
    dont know about love?!?

stealing or killing in NPC Cities should hit your virtues - doing the Main Questlines for Love, Truth and Courage of course increase your virtue.

Do things, explore and feel free to ask for help in the Forums or ingame, my Name is Stundorn Stureson, i am not native english speaking, but i am glad to help if i can.
    If you see people with a Hospitaller Title, they will always be glad to help you.

I also recommend to visit a Welcome Center and if you are stuck with something or making a bad experience about gold or loot at all, its often a lack of knowledge of the game and there are maybe things you can do to improve you expereince, but gold and loot are almost always less na d poor, no matter if you kill a tier1 zone Bandit or a Dragon ;) you just get a chance of a rare artifact at Tier 4 / 5 scenes - i never got one. :rolleyes:

Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I joined the game when it was last on sale on steam and I am still enjoying the game you are not restricted by class or profession so you can be free to do what you want. If you want to just play the economic market then be a trader, if you like music the be a bard if you want to be the hero then complete the quests. make new friends and encourage your old friends to join you on your journey. it is totally your choice when you play the game that is the shroud of the avatar.

Duke Gréagóir, Stundorn and Numa like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game rolluf. You may later want to think about housing though even if you do rent because many of the uo like features can be done on a lot like placing items using bulletin boards vendors and chests for extra storage and selling things.

Renting will come in next release. You can place armor weapons musical instruments and much more in your living area plus the ability to bind to the place you live gives you a Teleport place to go and store things.

If I can ever help you in game please whisper me. I am majoria in the game. Don't forget to check out the music in the game to it is fantastic. I also can show you many things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.