Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Steel Blank Wall Sign - Cannot tooltip

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Violation Clauth, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

7/1/2016 9:23 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: I claimed my purchased signs from the add-on store and all of them seemed to work besides this one. I've tested them by spamming my house at this location and you can see the rest appear functional but I cannot add a tooltip to this one.
    Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to double click the sign to add a tooltip (the cursor doesn't even come up as intractable)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16344
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 1989
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.432.Date.06.30.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley
    Loc: (213.7, 45.7, 206.2)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Can you verify this? The blank steel signs I have appear to be working as intended.

3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

verified not working in 434 and 435... been checking every patch.

That said, I did find out while recording this that if you click as fast as possible while moving it you can edit it

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I changed my house ( sorry @jiirc !!! go restock vendor! ) and it seems to have fixed this bug. I can now place any/all signs that I have on that wall and edit them including this one that was bugged. I am guessing it has to do with the house? 4-story one that comes with the pledge.

5. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

I currently have those issues with all signs, none allows me to edit it. Neither when placed (pot or lot), nor when in inventory.
    This affects store-bought (empty) signs as well as a crafted one (general crafting, hanging). Did not check on a different house though.
    All in Fallin' Green.

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I bet if you swap houses it will fix it. Try not to swap houses until @Attenwood gets a chance to check it LOL!

7. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

With a bit of experimenting ... hanging and ground signs work. Cannot figure out what went wrong before.

But .. the wall signs not. Not everywhere. The wall is important!

2-story plaster w/ overhang, outside: brass and silver work, fancy wooden not
    3-story stone row, inside (1st floor): on one wall all three work, on another not

You easily see if a sign works if the cursor turns green or stays grey when you mouse-over it.

A guess: May it be that walls etc consist of different layers (for texture, interaction, collision, ..) and that those do not always align as they should? The brass & silver signs are thicker, and may stick out of a hindering layer.
    These layer-alignment could also be the source of the 'chest is not placeable on shelf in basement' issue from R29, which also still persists ...

8. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I also cannot write on a crafted Blank Wood Wall Sign, but I placed a hanging wood wall sign and was able to write on it fine.

-UPDATE- I was finally able to write on the Wall Sign, but ONLY on certain walls, as reported by others.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.