Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stop blocking party/guild chat while dead

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Sir Leonard, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Seriously, this is not immersion, this is just annoying.
    I'm always not even at the same zone of my guildies, Why i should be alive just to write some stuff for them?

Thanks.

Tamsen, curt, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

What are you talking about? Party/guild chat has never required people to be in the same zone. Would you like that removed?

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I find it very annoying that I can‘t chat until I have been resurrected. As the OP indicated, blocking chat when dead doesn‘t make things more realistic because chat isn‘t realistic in the first place.

Tamsen, Elwyn, Elrond and 3 others like this.
  4. Womby

Womby Avatar

The workaround is Discord (or equivalent), which renders the whole thing pointless.

Brewton and majoria70 like this.
  5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

The workaround is to play a real product. (See what I did there?) I know that the team seems to look at making a better ui as sacrificing the original vision. It makes me question whether the game creators want to feed the team's families or their own egos.

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Using Discord should not be a workaround. I also prefer to use ingame chat.

Tamsen and 3devious like this.
  7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

While i see the intent behind it the point is ... pointless with chat systhems (you do want free hands while communicatiung so you use them anyways in crowded situations so meh)
    Maybe they should do away with the ankhs and just make it so you can move some and hit a button (if no rezz) and respawn there (so you can avoid corpse camping mobs), or alternative, send back to bind (convient for newbies and costly form of teleport for older players).
    I can stillll scout (i see the lights and am well aware what mobs are there ) and given i am an sneaky sneak i can explore a lot without discovery anyways.

8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Maybe the game needs Spirit Speak

Tamsen, Xee, Engel and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sir Leonard

Actually the original complaint is only about party/guild chat, but I support not being able to send local chat or private messages, since this can be somewhat related to PvP and thus "immersion".

But I'd like to see something like the Ultimas where you could put your ghost in "combat mode", making it visible and saying things like "OooooOoOOOooO"...

Quenton likes this.
  10. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I don't mind this, however I can see why some people would. I do miss corpse runs and mobs looting items from my corpse. It was frustrating and fun at the same time lol and a nice gift when you kill a mob and find a person reg bag in it

11. Sir Leonard

Although I'd agree, I think the current system is far better and less "cringy". Losing EVERYTHING in PvP is a strong reason for making people run away and don't want to play the game, so the Oracle resolving the dispute and only adding a small ransom is faaaaar more sane than the old 1990's system.

But let's not lose focus here. At least for now hehe. ;)

12. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Just for clarification I like the PvP loot system in SotA. I was referring to corpse runs and NPC creatures looting items in PvE. I don't know of a game since UO that you could have an item looted from an NPC in PvE

13. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

I agree with this idea. You already can't tell what anything is when your dead. So why limit is from taking with our group.

I died today and found my self being resed after i had already floated myself halfway across the area to the shrine. If I could of just heard my play member trek me "hold on I will res you in a moment" it would of been greatly appreciated.

Hell how am I to know if someone could res me if I didn't ask before hand. I don't do this to people I just meet.

Oh look a rando in the same zone as me. I wonder if they want to group? I just need them to fill out this questionnaire first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.