Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stop trying to make recipes 'good loot' from drops

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hello new player .. oh you want to be a crafter.. yeah good luck on finding blacksmiths recipes it might be in one of 5 places or just a random drop that you can search thousands of vendors for in the hopes of finding the one you want and now you get to pay a stupid player defined price for .. DOESN'T THIS GAME ROCK!

Arpanet, Antrax Artek, Dhanas and 4 others like this.
  2. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

I think people forget the patience it takes to craft items and advance crafting skills and crafting knowledge. I personally don't mind how the current system is setup. If you really want a recipe, post on the marketplace. People that have tons of looted recipes tend to sell sets dirt cheap. Sorry if this is frustrating to you, however I bet many people feel some sort of frustration with locating recipes just s you do. What would you prefer to do as an alternative? Complaining about it and not coming up with some of your own suggestions isn't going to to go very far. Thanks.

3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Ask yourself this, how many new players will stick with the system as it is? It is great for the established in limiting competition but a new player that wants to be a crafter is seriously disadvantaged.

Solutions? Reenable discovery and teaching.

Hornpipe and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

like i said in another thread, the main problem is that almost everything is in global loottables.
    So you have absolutely no idea where to hunt to find this or that.

So since everything is global, also the recipes i bet (most of them atleast) you can just hunt anywhere and everywhere pretty much for forever, expecially if you are just looking for one specific recipe, good luck with that!

Now if loottables were much more local based more experienced players could atleast tell the newbies where to hunt for recipe A or B and it would be a little bit more fun to find specific recipes....
    We have tons of empty zones, give em purpose to visit & explore...

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The flip side of this is that people want their crafted items to be meaningful and they can't be if everyone can instantly craft the same thing.

Elwyn likes this.
  6. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

So screw the new players or anyone that doesn't already have the recipes?

Promiscuity and bigta1982 like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't necessarily agree with it but a lot of people seem to feel that way.

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Or pay a few real dollars for it...

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

a quick google search landed dozens of websites selling all kinds of rare items, powerleveling, gold for as cheap at 5USD$ for 10000 gold...

Good luck with the player economy...

10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Their direction of making crafting meaningful is all wrong. There's zero skill here. Everything about it is one aggravation after another so the end result obviously isn't any fun. Sadly it's getting worse than better.

100% agree that recipes should NOT be the limiting factor in crafting something, but an actual skill based crafting system. A mini-game that you don't just watch a progress bar and pray you land on the right side of the % for exceptional/breakage would be INFINITELY better than this as I *ME* would be crafting in that sense, not the progress bar.

I realize this is a pipe dream and not going to happen this close to "release".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.