Store Add-On Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lissira, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Hello All,

I am planning on purchasing some add-ons either before or just after the wipe. (I get paid on the 28th, but may have funds before).

I just have a few questions about what I'm planning on buying, and whether it's the best way to go about it.

• Row Lot Property Deed - It comes with a house right? I'm not wanting to purchase a house aswell.
    • Prosperity Tools - No need for help here, I get what they do.
    Main Question - I'm guessing they're still available after the wipe?

I think this is the cheapest way to do so, rather than Upping my Pledge (I'd love to give more, but currently RL is screwing me)

2. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Hi! The Row Property Deed in the Add-On Store measures 10 x 15 meters and includes the Wood & Plaster 2-Story Row House
    For your other question it is YES :). What you purchase as Tools will stay with you even after launch..

If you are referring too whether or not they will be still available for sale after the next wipe then you would have to consult the announcements but they will certainly give all of us ample time and warning before Final sales, So I pretty sure your safe for the next wipe..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Your add-on items are account bound just like the quest hats and will therefore survive the wipe.

The Add-On store Row Lot will be taxed in game. That's the significant difference between upping your pledge or just buying a row lot. Nobody knows what the taxes will be yet.

There are so many backers with insane amounts of extra housing. There is no doubt that you will be able to find the row home that you want post release for in game gold.

Take care!

4. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Other than users actually purchasing addon houses, It is mentioned that the extra housing that many users have in there inventory at the moment ( Like me ) is due to a bug during the pledge upgrade between wipes..and will be corrected eventually, so I would not keep a too firm fond hold on any extra housing present that is not actually part of a pledge or addon on store purchase.

Kvow triumvir has a good point in the taxes as we do not know what there going to be though it would make sense that a keep/city holder would pay more in taxs than and row house holder! so I would make my Pledge deed/house the biggest that I want to start the game with then purchase any other smaller deeds in the addon store.. so when its goes live you will be paying taxs on the addon row deeds you purchased instead of Keeps or City deed..( providing my above statement and or logic been true ).

5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

If I were contemplating a purchase right now I'd head over to the fire sales @Blake Blackstone is having
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...it-25-off-of-face-value-ends-1-21-2016.43752/

Currently he's selling store credit @ 75% of face value. Idk what else he has up his sleeve but he sounds like a reasonable fella... maybe y'all can make a deal.

Blake Blackstone and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Lissira

Lissira Avatar

Thanks, I've popped a PM :)

7. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

@Chris covered THIS in the Winter Telethon

8. mercster

mercster Avatar

Aaaandd...? What's the word, Kacey bird?

9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Ask Ashton.

*ba-dum tsssh*

Solazur and mercster like this.
  10. mercster

mercster Avatar

Ooof.

Solazur and Katrina Bekers like this.
  11. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

My apologies, my long and short term memory is one of the areas most affected by my MS.
    at about 1:35
    [​IMG]

Mata, Solazur and 4EverLost like this.
  12. mercster

mercster Avatar

No worries...ahh, you know I remember watching that but it was a little too heavy for me, and I didn't understand the final 10/20/40 he scribbled down...is that in thousands?

13. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

Basically, they are trying to even out the amount of gold you can raise from 1 hour of game play. the 5-10/20/40 is that amount (once they have balanced gold income per hour of play). a row lot would be taxed at (balanced gold per hour) times 5-10, and so forth. They are narrowing it down so that once income is balanced, they will then figure out what amount of that you would need to spend on repairs, projectiles etc (your upkeep costs) and still have x amount left over. This part comes with a "don't lawyer me bro" due to said memory: If i remember correctly, the X amount left over per hour is what the tax would be based off of. Soooo, a row lot would cost you 5-10 hours of game play (balanced gameplay income per hour minus upkeep cost) for gold in tax. hope that makes sense.

4EverLost likes this.
  14. mercster

mercster Avatar

And what was the calculated per-hour income, that would give us a rough estimate of the amount of tax on a property, right?

EDIT - Sorry, I'm bad at math.

Solazur likes this.
  15. Curt

Curt Avatar

So over a 2 week period your first 5 hours net income is needed to pay for a row lot.
    and they balance tax roughly after how much people's next income will be.

Each month you need
    • 10 hours net income to pay for row lot
    • 20 hours net income to pay for village lot
    • 40 hours net income to pay for town lot (time to befriend some lord that can half your rent?)
    • 80 hours net income to pay for city lot (for guilds i guess)

16. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Doing some quick math based on the numbers that Chris gave us during the telethon, a row lot will cost 3000 gold per month. Of course this could be adjusted later on. But that is the working numbers.

17. Curt

Curt Avatar

So how many hours in game should be needed to buy the lot deed in game

18. mercster

mercster Avatar

If all the above is true, that would mean 1 hour, avg player should gain ~300G? That seems reasonable.

19. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I get they think people should pay rent..... or... even better, buy a rent free deed :)
    I think if taxes are too high, at least for EP1 it's going to be a turnoff for the people we need to attract;
    the $45 account holder and his/her 20 pals .

20. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

@Solazur
    I'd say that it's a reasonable amount for current playtime/earnings and if they go by something similar live, it shouldn't be too hard for those who do get the $45 account+add-on deed. I started a mage on this weekend, she's still lvl 11, bought one skill after another, some armor and stuff, and still has 1kg on her. She also didn't up her bank (she sells everything off) and she didn't use her home (she can't, for various reasons:rolleyes:).

This is without doing it hardcore - I sit and watch the stars at night and only go questing/farming skeletons at daytime. I do have an advantage as I do know where to go to farm these things but with the community we have I don't think it would so hard for anyone starting off to get some information one way or the other. If they're interested in playing. I think we should give them some credit and think that some/most of them will try and see if they can 'survive and thrive' in this game.:)

Solazur and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.